We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battlefield Vegas and kids

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Battlefield Vegas and kids

Hi, I was wondering if Battlefield Vegas is suitable for 15 & 11 year old boys or is it too extreme?

Mentioned in this post
Battlefield Vegas
Battlefield Vegas
4,085 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

Their FAQs give a minimum age of 10 so presumably they think it's suitable.

battlefieldvegas.com/pages/frequently-asked-…

Obviously all kids are different so it's also up to you to decide if you think it would be appropriate, especially for an eleven year old.

2. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 09:35
3. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 10:05
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

By the responses think ill give it a miss!

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
466 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

I'm not sure what the blocked responses said, but if you feel comfortable with your boys shooting, then take them. I took my husband as a birthday surprise a weeks a go on our first trip to Vegas. The instructors there were great and he had an absolute blast. They give you two types of ear protection, but it is still loud and you can feel the noise in your chest. Best part of his trip, other than that one drunken night....

Mentioned in this post
Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,486 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

Im in my 60s and it seems so strange to me to even have a worry about taking your child to shoot a gun. The activists have all of us so fearful nowadays about nearly everything. Take your kids and use it as a time of learning about the proper use of weapons. When I was a kid nearly all of the dads hunted. And storage for their guns and ammo meant they hung on a wall or were leaning in a closet somewhere. And you never heard of a school shooting even though most boys knew how to shoot or hunt. And each year,thousands of hunters head for the woods here,and only in an extremely unusual incident does someone get hurt. Morals,values and ethics have changed through the years.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

Take your kids. I think it would be a great time for them. I started learning proper handling of a firearm younger than that...I know am teaching my children...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

I agree, take your kids. It's an experience that they'll not get at home and one they'll remember for a long time. I also don't know what those missing responses said but if there from the " holier than thou" crowd, ignore them.

I made the terrible mistake of asking the Orlando board the age at which people thought kids could tour separately through Disney parks from their parents, as my kids were asking. Such a horrible question I know!!!!! Instead of just answering the question or ignoring it, I received such wisdom as "I'm suprised. Why would you want to go on a family vacation if you didn't want to be with your kids." Along with "use the search button. This was just asked last week." I'll never go back. There's lots of those types on this board as well. Just ignore them.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

Go - don't let the pansies push you away from an American Right!!

California, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Battlefield Vegas and kids

It would be a blast to go and take your kids! I've gone to battlefield that couple times I've been in Vegas and its always fun! Additionally, they have packages that are geared towards kids (i.e smaller caliber) and its a very safe fun range. I say go for it and have fun!

Mentioned in this post