We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Nugget pools

Carroll, Iowa
13 posts
Save Topic
Golden Nugget pools

Staying @ GN the end of July, first of August. Was curious how much sun the pool area receives do to the surrounding buildings. The pool areas also seem to be rather small. Also curious about over crowding and being able to get a spot to relax and catch some sun & have a few drinks.

England
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Nugget pools

Plenty of sun. Yes it gets crowded. Its the height of summer in a desert! You can book beds at the hideout pool which is much calmer and an absolutely perfect little spot. I loved it up there.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Nugget pools

You will find hordes of families with multiple children and not much supervision from parents ( dad plays BJ while mom suns and the kids sort of occupy themselves running around the pool area. ). It sure is not serene pool experience unless you pay for the Hideout adults only pool.. You see families with three or four kids in tow pulling coolers through the lobby- it's a cheap summer vacation for them. as they all cram in one room and use the pool all day..

canada
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Nugget pools

Lululoo

why would you want to run down the G.N we all know it is family oriented and also a cheap vacation as you put it

go to any pool on the strip in nice weather and it is almost impossible to find a empty chair,,, you might not find as many younger children but there there,,, i have stayed at the G.N many a time and have noticed kids and older teens going down the slide ,,, what is the big dea YOU seem to know a lot about towing coolers and hoardes of children WHY did you stay there,, must have been a cheap vacation for you ALSO I would recommend the G.N to anyone before i would recommend many of the HOTELS on the strip,,

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Nugget pools

I love Golden Nugget- it is my hotel of choice and we stay 3-4 times a year - but I would never expect to have a serene pool experience there in the summer. Their regular pool , by my observation, attracts far more families with small kids because of the shark tank slide attraction and their very low rom prices compared to the Strip . I'm simply warning the poster that if he /she wants serenity, they will have to go to the Hideout and pay.

If they can put up with crowds and small kids running back and forth in the free pool area, I guess they can choose that.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Nugget pools

Hi

I agree, I like the Golden Nugget but the pool area is way too small for the amount of people and there are loads of kids. They also let outsiders in for a fee, just to pack it out even more. That imo is the only downside to the Golden Nugget.

Clive

canada
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Nugget pools

thank you for your answer ,,, and i am glad you like and stay and the G.N and that it is your hotel of choice ,, and also one of mine,, for there good restaurants and good accomidations

Boston
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Nugget pools

thank you lulu....agree with everything you said!!

8. Re: Golden Nugget pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:18