We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

Hubby and BIL are in Vegas - scheduled to come home today - Tuesday. Guess what - SW cancelled their flight home to Pittsburgh. They have to spend another day/night in Vegas. Wish it were me!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

Bummer!!!

LOL!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

It's happened to me and not as fun as it sounds. We sat in the airport all day while they kept saying the plane would take off once fixed. That never happened so by the time they cancelled the flight it was late and they rescheduled the flight for 1st thing in the morning.

Frustrating if they make you wait. We could have had another full day in vegas but they won't let you change your flight without fees until they officially cancel the flight. This was on Delta.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

Yeah, it is one of those "often sounds better than it really is" things. As much as I've had more than a few trips where I've thought it would be nice to stay on another day, most of the time I'm ready to go home as planned. Staying an unexpected day either means spending more money than I had planned, or worse yet, spending winnings that I had planned on taking home!

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

We had that happen last year in Jacksonville, Fla and indeed it is not as much fun as it sounds. Had already turned in the rental car so no transportation. Took the shuttle to an airport Hilton Garden Inn, had a mediocre dinner, a short night of sleep, and was on the 6:45 AM flight back to NYC. Had to go to work that day too, so I would have much preferred to get home when we were supposed to. Really only good if you know early enough so you can change your plans!

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
430 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

They have cancelled flights to Columbus Ohio also. It is because of the pending snow storm probably. We are going to get 6-8 in. starting this afternoon.

Don't you just love winter . .LOL I could find myself in same situation next week. We are leaving for Vegas Feb 8th . . .I'll pack extra just incase . . lol

Hope his flight goes smoothly tomorrow

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

Its happened to me too but like others, i was kinda ready to go home.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
5,364 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

Sounds like they won the jack pot.

With things to do so close to the airport (Its Vegas baby) its not so bad.....especially since you can check flight schedules from your smart phone....

THe worst case would be stuck in an airport in a city where there is nothing to do...

but another day in Vegas sounds like a winner to me.

We once got stuck for another day in Hawaii due to a hurricane.....

It left us with memories of seeing our resort swimming pool change from a lovely pool with blue water to an amazing pool full of rocks and boulders.....

Edited: 04 February 2014, 21:21
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

And he talked to his host - and got another night comped - win/win for him. He was going to go out and buy a case of water and got out on the bridges and sell it for extra money to gamble with - lol.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
457 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

I hope they enjoy. When this happened to me on American because of mechanical problems with the plane, we had to retrieve our luggage, get on a shuttle, then they put us up at an off-strip hotel. It was about 8:00 pm by the time we got settled. Then I had to make arraignments to miss work the next morning. The most painful part was having to be on the shuttle at 5:30 am the next morning for the flight out. We got a very strong warning not to miss the shuttle. I didn't even bother going back to the strip, but some folks were jumping into taxi's and heading back out.

Ohio
Level Contributor
934 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights cancelled stuck in Vegas another day

My friends were also stuck in LV until Valentine's Day. They were supposed to come back 2 days prior. I was jealous. The only time we got stuck, was coming back, it was in Denver, 40 degrees and windy, no jackets, they took us an hour away to a hotel, no luggage, had to be on plane early the next morning.