We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Hi All,

I am having to look at cutting down hotel budget to allow for more spending money. I have a 2 night stay book at bellagio in premium view room that I plan to keep for the experience/view but have 3 more nights to stay and need mid priced options (Bellagio shoots up in price too much to stay there for 5 nights).

Dates 18th May to 21st May.

$100-150 range options:

Luxor

Tropicana

Monte Carlo

Treasure Island

NYNY

$180-220 range:

MGM grand

Paris

Mandalay Bay

Trump tower

$250ish - Mirage

What do people recommend? or don't recommend? Which room? Should I choose a hotel from cheapest list but a nicer room or a nice hotel on more expensive list but their basic room? Should I just say screw it and get a low end room at the Mirage? I'm worried that I will spend $200+ a night only to find I could have spent $150 and had a better room/hotel.

I can afford anywhere from $100 to $300 a night but the closer to the lower end then the more money for food, drinks, gambling and activities while there.

Cheers,

Adam.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,731 posts
1,332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Of the hotels you have nominated, Mandalay Bay

New York
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Hi! Out of the hotels listed, I would recommend Mirage... Of course I realize it's at the high end of your budget. I do think the pool is fantastic, and you will definitely be able to enjoy it during the month of May. The location also can't be beat IMHO. If you want to go a step down, I would say Paris (again, for location... And I've always like the hotel atmosphere in general) or the Monte Carlo... Good hotel, easy to navigate and also has a great pool- pretty family friendly with a wave pool, etc.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

If you're already at the Bellagio, why not give Monte Carlo a shot? It's a very nice mid-priced hotel and it's on the other "end" of the strip, so you'll get to explore that end a little more during your time there while saving some $.

colorado
Level Contributor
762 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Monte Carlo has a special now that if you book 2+ nights you get a $75 food credit to The Pub.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 01:44
Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

1. YES: Monte Carlo

2. NO NO: Trump

Edited: 11 February 2014, 01:47
somewhereinOhio
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

...and once you have decided on one, go to their Facebook page to watch for specials. Also sign the guestbook on the hotels website and they may email you an offer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

I have not been to vegas in a few years, but luxor seems like a steal price wise and you get the south location for a few days.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Monte Carlo is definitely the best option on a tight budget, very good location, decent pool, there is a mcdonalds in the food court if you ready need to penny pinch and is a easy transition from Bellagio via the tram. And MGM Grand probably 2nd. I would price out Aria for the 5 nights total, I love Aria, nicest hotel on the strip in my opinion and right next to Bellagio and cosmopolitan which are both properties you will visit during your stay.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

Mandalay Bay with an upgrade to THEHotel is my advice. The upgrade will be free to $20 a night max. Mirage is nice but their base rooms have tiny bathrooms.

10. Re: I have had to cut budget - need hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 04:05