We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limo?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Vancouver...
3 posts
Save Topic
Limo?

Hi there. My bff and i are headed to lv (again) in April. Our goal is to do/stay/eat/play things we have never done before.... Of course this isn't an issue! BUT I am struggling with how to get from the airport to TI. We have done shuttle and taxi before, never limo. Are there limos avail there. Will they rip us off? Should I pre-order? Any deals? Recommendations? She would be pretty psyched to see someone standing with a sign with our names. Thanks for your help!!!

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Limo?

I'm thinking of booking presidential too. Would it cost extra to go to the Las Vegas sign on the way from the airport to hotel (planet hollywood)?

Should we tip more if we do this?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Limo?

Just wondering if you arrange "a lap" up and down the entire strip (possibly even past downtown and back) when you book online? Or is it better to just ask the driver on pick up and throw in a very generous tip?

Is doing a lap usually obligatory? or an added extra? Thanks!

Horseheads, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Limo?

Generally you will have time for a stop at the sign, less likely will there be time for a lap of the strip. Presidential allows for one hour of service, that hour starts 30-45 minutes after your plane lands for international flights and when your plane lands for domestic flights. This usually will leave time for a stop.

As far as tipping goes (I hope this doesn't start a whole thing), $20 is typical for this service, if you have a lot of (or heavy cumbersome bags) then a few more dollars might be appropriate, that is left to your discretion. We tipped $50 on our last trip but that is because we get the Escalade(biggest) package and we have been using the same driver for years now.

new york
Level Contributor
769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Limo?

We used to do cabs but took the advice from others here several years ago and always use Presidential on the way to airport, cab back. We always requested a stop (LV sign or ABC store )on the way to strip and have always been accomodated.

It is a nice way to start the trip and we get to skip the taxi lines:)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Limo?

It really is a great way to start a trip and seeing her name and a driver waiting for her will be a lot of fun. I always go for the SUV instead of the Limo as it is just a few bucks cheaper and a new Escalade is pretty nice.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Limo?

This is the wife of Bigfatloser. We have had Presidential Limo many times. Nothing starts the Vegas experience better than seeing you name on that sign, then the rose & champagne that awaits you. You get one hour. Stop at the Welcome sign & get the driver to take your picture with the limo and sign. THEN CRUISE THE STRIP. Enjoy.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Limo?

Used Presidential Limo on my last trip, always do a great job. Instead of stopping at the sign, we stop at a liquor store and pick up water, liquor, etc. The site can be tricky but you should be able to find the one way trip. You'll need to order a stretch limo in order to get the roses & champagne. -FYI Have fun!

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
265 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Limo?

Done! I just booked - it will be our first time in Vegas at the end of March - we are a group of 6 - my friends don't know yet - but will be pleasantly surprised -

What an excellent way to start my 50th birthday celebrations!!

Horseheads, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Limo?

CaroleLR,

Good news on booking your limo, it's a great way to start your trip. Just wanted to give you an FYI. If your group are all average size people you will find the stretch limo that they show as seating six people to be a tight fit, it isn't a long ride so it may not be an issue for your group but if some of your group are bigger than average you may want to consider going to the next size limo available.

Enjoy

20. Re: Limo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:16