We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights....

england
Level Contributor
250 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
flights....

Has anyone flown with Thomas Cook to Las Vegas? if so what they like? long direct flight so have to be comfy etc...

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
500 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights....

Been twice now with TC and it's fine. You can always pay a bit more for exit row.

Virgin was slightly better comfort wise and better service but I'd rather save the £100+ and spend it in Vegas.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flights....

While I have never flown to Vegas with them. I have flown to Florida and other medium haul destinations and would not use them again.In fact I would rather fly east from here and cross the Pacific with Ethiopian Airlines (or who ever) to get to Vegas than fly there with TC

You have to pay for everything, exit seats, food, drinks, baggage, sitting together, etc. The seats are really cramped as well compared to other airlines.

If price is a big factor I would look at going indirect, it really isn't as bad as some would have you believe, im going this weekend for the pricely sum of £364, do the maths lol.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,133 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights....

I'm afraid that comfort and a long haul flight in economy class with any airline are a contradiction - it's a journey to be endured particularly if you get a seat recliner in front of you. The good side is you're on your way to Vegas.

Lanarkshire
Destination Expert
for Quarteira
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights....

Friends have done it twice from Manchester and had a horrid time. First time 25 hour delay on return flight and second time the entertainment system was broke for the entire flight going out.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flights....

Well to be fair any airline can have delays and technical issues but as for enduring economy class well I would rather fly to Australia and back with say KLM or Air France (Delta partners) in economy than fly to Vegas with TC.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights....

If you 'have to be comfy' you will have to pony up for premium economy seats at a minimum. I don't think transatlantic economy flights with any airline could really be described as comfy unless you are tiny, and Thomas Cook, being charter, will certainly not be the best.

London
Level Contributor
535 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights....

As others have said 10 hours plus is not going to be fun whoever you fly with in economy.

If you have to be 'comfy', then pay for premium economy as a minimum, if you'd rather save 4-500 quid, then just grin and bare it.

england
Level Contributor
250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights....

wish,d i,d never said the word "comfy" lol.... now you,ve all put me off... Thanks... think Virgin then and pay extra.... i,ve been few times and changed flights at philly with us airways which was fine, however hear they,ve been bought out by american airlines so they,ll go downhill just flown with them to New york was rubbish... now they wasn,t comfy! I want seat back tv and free drinks and at least 30" leg room.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: flights....

I have done tc flights 10 out of the 12 times I've been. The other 2 virgin , I think tc are a lot better seemed to have moor leg room.

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
655 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: flights....

US airways was not bought out. They merged with American Airlines and The CEO of US Airways is going to be the CEO of the merged airline. Personally I prefer American Airlines over US Airways so for that I see American morphing into the inferior US Airways. By the way have a great trip to Vegas!