We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Topic
10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

I'm trying to plan a quick get away with some friends for Apr 4th- 6th and am having some trouble deciding on a hotel to stay in. We are planning on booking 2 rooms. I was thinking Venetian because of the large rooms or Treasure Island because it's cheap but still nice. I've seen a lot of recommendations for Planet Hollywood for young adults though. Why is that? Also are there any other hotels we should consider?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

You might fit 5 (uncomfortably) in a Bella suite at Venetian, and still be doubling up in beds. Not sure where you'd put the 5th guy in any other regular rooms

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

2 roms for 10 people.

Dont do it.

These hotels are massive and very affordable. you will be kicking yourself when you are crammed into a tiny room when there are 4999 other rooms right next to yours available.

Comfort is a part of partying. A little elbow room is worth the extra price. You can always stay someplace downstream and get more bang for the buck.

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

Yea we planned on doubling up the beds and treasure Island has roll in beds according to their website.

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

Hmm alright, noted. I've looked into some of the cheaper options like Excalibur but the reviews are mixed to poor. Any suggestions?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

5 in any room sounds terrible to me. . . and I am not that much older. My first thought was that you could probably get 5 rooms at the Quad cheaper than 2 at the Venetian, but that seems like an expensive weekend. I would still try to go that route - stay at Quad, Harrahs or Flamingo in 3-5 rooms and you will be center strip and comfortable. The hotels you will like the most are Cosmo and Planet Hollywood - you will be closer to both at one of the cheaper places I mentioned than TI or Venetian.

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

Cool thanks for the info

Northern California
Level Contributor
136 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

Excalibur --- No!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

OMG, 10 ppl in 2 rooms, NO WAY! I would at least get 3/4 rooms and that could still be crowded. Also, most hotels will charge for extra people in room so you may not end up saving anything. I would do some more research/

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

You don't want anyone in your group feeling ripped off or slighted . . . sour grapes will ruin it for them. For the poor souls sleeping on a couch or hide-a-bed = not fun. So if there are 10 of you going, at a minimum, you should look at 3 rooms - two rooms with 2 Queen beds and one room with one King bed. At least that way, everyone is in a real bed and is sharing it with someone. (Yes, the two guys in the single King room will have the best deal - bigger bed and only 2 people to share the bathroom . . . so make it fun and have a contest or eliminations for that room - flip coins, draw names out of a hat, draw cards out of a deck, etc).

If you're going to hang at the pool a lot, get a hotel with a good pool (Flamingo, Monte Carlo, Mirage, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay come to mind, depending on budget). I've read that Planet Hollywood pool atmosphere sucks - you may want to read its reviews on here. Harrah's pool is a rectangular Olympic-style pool, nothing fancy but it has lounges chairs and beds and a few cabanas, bar, etc. Read the reviews here about MGM's pool - pretty rockin'. Flamingo's pool can be a blast and the hotel rooms are cheap. . . it will all depend on what your plans include and budget.

But 10 people in two rooms won't cut it - even if you had two suites, bed/couch space would be frustrating.

Roland, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 Mid 20's adults looking for 2 rooms on the strip

I stay at the Jockey Club. Its across from Planet Hollywood, and in between Bellagio & Cosmopolitan. Its a nongaming hotel, but they have suites that can sleep several people . We book a king suite with a fountain view, it has a king bed, and pull out sofas. They also have two room suites you could check out too. Sometimes booking the bugger suites with them is very comparable to having to book several different rooms AND pay resort fees on top of regular room rates. Also- you get to use the Cosmo pool when staying at the Jockey Club! Hope this helps!