We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Washington...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Has anyone ever booked through a Sommer Herschak or Debra Ballweg of "Best Deal at MGM Signature" recently? I am so close to booking, but still feel a little uneasy as I've never gone this route before. They have tons of reviews, the only thing that worries me is that they are ALL 5 star, not one is less than 5 stars!

1. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 12:05
Washington...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Abby what floor is is your unit on? This one I'm looking into is on the 34th floor.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

The only bad reviews I ever see at the Signature are those who've rented through private owners. I would only rent directly through MGM.

Washington...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Blossom this is through a private owner, I'm somewhat skeptical. I don't think it's a scam, but the thing I think is strange is that all the reviews she has are 5 star, makes me think ones less than 5 star get deleted! So I could show up and have it be the dirtiest hotel room ever!

Northern California
Level Contributor
136 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Is the price difference that great? I've always booked direct and have had great experiences. I've been at the Signature when folks have had problems with private owners and the Signature can't do anything about it.

Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

I've stayed and booked through VRBO from 3 seperate owners and only have great things to say. The only difference was that it was hundreds cheaper then booking through MGM and there was no maid service. Check in, the room, etc was all great.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

We had booked through an owner and had no problems......Besides costing less, here are some other considerations to weigh before you book:

Through an owner you often need to pay an outcleaning charge, not so from renting directly with MGMSig

If you want maid service during your stay you would need to pay extra for it.....

Some owners will not pass along a Resort Fee, which MGMSig will tack onto your bill.....it adds up if you are staying awhile.....get it in writing from the owner you book through.....

If you book directly, you will be able to cancel your reservation......renting through an owner, if you cancel less than thirty days in advance you will forfeit what you have paid.......

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Someone asked a similar question about renting from a private owner at the Sig yesterday. Here is my cut-and-pasted response on that thread:

<<<<<<<I stayed at the Sig renting through VRBO.com (vacation rentals by owner). I was careful to choose someone with plenty of rave reviews.

It did not turn out well. The unit we were in was really, REALLY dirty. We contacted the owner and he arranged for a cleaning crew, including carpet cleaning, to come in, which wasn't especially convenient but hey, at least he was responsive. After they'd left, the carpet was much better but the rest of the unit was still dirty - the dust on the table was thick enough to write in! As we were staying for over two weeks, I just sucked it up, invested in a few supplies and cleaned it myself. We'd arranged (and paid extra) for maid service several times during our stay and although they changed the towels, they didn't change the sheets. When I called the owner to enquire about that, I was told that clean sheets weren't included (for a 17 day stay - are you kidding me?!). The cherry on the top was the fact the microwave would only function if you physically held the door closed - which I'm sure is in violation of some safety code!

Bottom line is that when you rent from an owner, you have to deal with that owner as the front desk can't / won't help you at all. If everything goes well, then renting from an owner is a great way to save a few bucks but if you have any issues at all, it can be anything from tiresome to disastrous.

The Sig is lovely and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat but I'll think long and hard before renting from an owner next time.>>>>>>>

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Lisa, it would be very helpful if you posted this review on the VRBO website......also post it as a review on Tripadvisor, referencing the VRBO website or the name the owner who you rented from........many, many more people who are planning their trips would read it there....maybe even the owner.....hopefully it will encourage him/her to clean up the place......

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VRBO - Signature at MGM Grand

Mom - I did post a review on VRBO but as my stay was a couple of years ago, it will be buried very deep by now. The owner posted a scathing response which, rather than deny or even argue the negative points I'd made, simply pointed out all the rave reviews.

The reason for posting my experience on this thread, even though it was some time ago, was to highlight the sorts of issues that can arise with an owner-rented unit versus one that's rented from Signature.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 15:55