We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

Just booked a trip with the husband for April 13-17. It's been about 3 years since we've been to Las Vegas and done a car rental, so I wanted to know if this was a deal I should grab, or hold off and wait a bit longer.

Budget Car Rental - Economy 2 or 4 door - $82.08 pay at counter or $65.66 for the pay now option. I've researched other rental companies in the past 24 hours and this seems to be the best deal. Just wondering if it's worth booking the pay now to get the extra $17 off.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

If the pay now is non-refundable I woundnt do it. I wouldn't lock myself in for only $17.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,536 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

1. Is it the car size you want?

2. Is the price in your range?

3. Do they have free cancellation if you book it now and find something you like better later?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

As stated above, only if they offer free cancelation. Prices could change a whole lot between now and then.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 08:28
California
Level Contributor
638 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

Im going 4/19-4/23 and its 250 for 5 days all in. You got an awesome rate

Lanarkshire
Destination Expert
for Quarteira
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

"If the pay now is non-refundable I woundnt do it. I wouldn't lock myself in for only $17."

On the flip side to this, would you take the risk of not booking it on the chance you could save yourself another $8 or something.

The way i look at it is that it is £40 for 4 days car hire at the pay now price. For me, thats a good deal that i would be happy paying so would book it rather than hope i could get if for £36 in a weeks time OR end up paying £60 due to a sudden influx of bookings.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

I looked through budgets website and it looks like I can make changes if I need to on my reservation, and cancel it with a $10 processing fee.

I haven't made the reservation quite yet but my thought is, is the price really going to get lower than $65 for 4 days? If it is by at least $15-20 then sure, I'll hold off. If not, then I will book. I just haven't rented a car in a long time and didn't know what the average going rate for renting a car in Las Vegas was.

7. Re: Car Rental-Is this a good deal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:17