We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terry Fator or Mystere?

New York City
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Terry Fator or Mystere?

I am Thinking about catching one of these shows while I'm in town but only have time for one. Which would you choose and why?

I have never been to any of the Cirque shows before. As a matter of fact I've been to Vegas dozens of times and have seen very few shows.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

Go to Mystere it was amazing. one of the best Cirque shows I've seen.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

Another vote for Mystere!! Great show and a very good way to start with Cirque in Vegas.

Terry Fator has a very good fun show, but is very different from Mystere. If you get the chance to see it some other te do it. But definitely see Mystere first.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

Wow! Those two shows are totally different. I will add a suggestion to your list of options. If you like The Beatles or even sort of like The Beatles, I highly recommend LOVE.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,033 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

If you want to laugh, go see Terry Fator.

If you want to be amazed AND laugh, go see Mystere.

Both are great shows, so you won't go wrong no matter which one you choose.

New York City
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

Thanks for the input so far. What is the seating like? I am curious because I will be traveling solo.

I wanted to see Love but unfortunately it is dark while I am there. I'm kind of bummed.

I chose these two shows because I am staying at the Mirage and they are close by.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,033 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

If you go see Mystere, you will want to sit a bit further back, since there is stuff going on all around the theater.

If you go see Terry Fator, you will want to sit as close to the stage in the middle section as possible. While there is no bad seat in the theater (since there are large video screens on either side of the stage), IMO it is a much better show if you are sitting closer.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

The Terry Fator Theater is not very big. Most of the seats are good. No need to pay to be really close. Half way up is a very good seat.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

If you go see Mystere at least try to seat in the center, facing the front stage. The lower sections go from sections 101 to 105 with section 103 being in the center, go for that one or 102 or 104 towards the center of the theatre. If you go for the lower sections avoid the first 3 rows, go from row D to the back. On the other hand, if you go for the upper sections (202, 203 or 204) go to first rows. Don't sit way in the back, from the very back you can see everything but I feel like I'm watching a movie, not a show.

The Terry Fator theatre has only 3 sections 101 102 and 103 with 102 being the center. Everybody says the theatre is small and there are no bad seats, and is true. But Terry IS the show and the closer you sit the better.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
127 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

This wont help you but: you cannot go wrong either way.

Great advice isn't it? haha. But seriously both a great shows. Mystere is my second favorite cirque show on the strip (behind LOVE, but mystere is my wife's favorite), and I had such a fun time at the Terry Fator show. He is awesome and you wont stop laughing.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Terry Fator or Mystere?

Personally, I'd suggest you sit front row center for Mystere.

10 of the 12 Cirque shows we've been to we've sat front row center. Not cheap- but I want to be as close to the action as I can. 1 act takes place at the back of the stage in the air. For ME, I don't feel I miss anything, and I get to see them close enough to see their lines in the makeup, seems in the costumes, I can hear them breathe and see their muscles twitch.

But, I also want to be front row for a concert or NBA game. Others prefer the 200 level, or discount seats 'best deal'.

If you do sit front row, for Mystere, you can be part of the show if you decide to throw the ball back to the clown in the beginning