We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
298 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

We're trying to help my parents plan a trip out west to see GC NORTH rim, Zion and Bryce...a lot of people have recommended flying into Las Vegas airport.

My concern is how busy/hard is it getting in/out of the airport....they of course would need a rental car. They have not traveled that much flying and using rental cars.

Thank you.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,540 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

It's as easy (or difficult) as any other large airport. If it's a busy time like a holiday weekend it will be crowded. If it's during mid-day in the middle of the week, not so much.

Everything is well sign-posted and there are staffed information desks in the terminal if they have questions.

If they're renting a car they'll need to take the shuttle to the consolidated rental car facility. Again, well sign-posted from baggage claim.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

If you want easy Phoenix is closer than Las Vegas (not by much) and Flagstaff even closer than PHX, I think Flag is only about an hour drive from The GC South Rim.

As mentioned above LAS is no different than most any other airport of its size, they shouldn't have any problems.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,540 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

They're going to the NORTH rim.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
298 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

Thanks, but as IrishFan stated, they're going to the N O R T H R I M.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

Sorry long night at Mardi Gras, my reading comprehension is a little off this AM.

6. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 16:35
7. Re: How hard is it getting in/our of Las Vegas airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27