We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

Keeping it clean of course, 5 things stand out for me.

1. My first time to Vegas. Mum and Dad has been the year before and raved about how amazing Vegas was. So we all decided to go the following year 2008 for my Brothers 21st. Coming into Vegas from London was great, really impressive but it was 3 in the afternoon. Very impressed with the Luxor, massive hotel etc. But what really made me go Wow was when we got to the room, opened the curtains and saw Vegas all lit up.

2. On the same trip we done a Helicopter tour at night down the Strip. Top Gun blasting away on the headphones as we cornered the Stratosphere Tower. That was certainly a WOW moment.

3. Walking out onto the Sky Walk on the second day it opened and looking down thinking if this breaks its all over. That and seeing the Grand Canyon up close.

4. Winning $1000 with a Striaght Flush on Video Poker. Especially as I had hit p1ss all for the first three days.

5. On our last trip we have a full table playing Crazy 4 Poker and this woman on the end was ON FIRE. Every hand she was hitting. At one point she hit a hand for $1000. Collected her winnings then gave everyone on the table (Inc Dealer) $50.00.

There are loads more but they are the stand out ones. Im having Vegas Withdraw syptoms. Win the EuroMillions tonight and I am off first class :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

1. I have to agree the Luxor was impressive the first time.

2. The size of the resorts. Stayed at MGM and it was like a little city and I kept walking and walking and never seemed to come to the end.

3. I was impressed by Casears Palace and the forum shops. I enjoyed the Atlantis Show and was amazed that a few minutes before it was just some aquariums. FAO Schwarz was also there at the time and brought back child memories of what a true toy store should be like compared to Wal-Mart.

4. The climate, was 88 degrees yet no humidity like in parts of Canada.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

1. First trip, the Fremont Street light show was awesome!

2. The view from the Eiffel Tower at night.

3. The foutain view from my 48th floor Terrace Studio Suite at the Comso.

4. Missing a Royal Flush by one card in LIR at the Rio.

5. Playing my last hand blind in LIR at the Cosmo last week with my final $40. Turns out I had a 3OK in my hand. Paid out a total of $390. I said things out loud that I haven't said in years!

6. Had a few minutes to kill before heading to the airport last week, and decided to play one hand blind of LIR at the Luxor. $40, which included the 3 Card Bonus. Ended up with a 3 card straight in my hand, and a 5 card straight with the dealer's cards. Paid out a total of $210. That was a total of $600 in 2 blind LIR hands on the same trip! WOW!

7. Seeing the look on my wife's face when I surprised her with a new diamond ring for our anniversary on the gondola ride. The photographer took a picture at just the right time, so I am able to see that look whenever I want. :)

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

I will never forget seeing the Bellagio for the first time. On my first trip, we went straight there to eat breakfast at the buffet. For me, that will always be the first thing I think of when I think of Las Vegas.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

The Strip at night....it was everything we had hoped for....

Paying for drinks poolside...yikes!

On our NYE trip being approached by a very beautiful woman....who smiled and then gave me a card....I smiled back, and muttered ummm thank you but no thanks...lol

Edited: 07 March 2014, 16:07
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

Most attractions made me say wow the first time, specially at night.

But what really really impressed me was to imagine the amounts of money that flows in every property, including accomodations, gambling, dining, shows, etc. it is impressive how much is handle in a single day in a single property, let alone in the whole city

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

At age 12 I was "Wow'ed" with Circus Circus...lol! I'm not kidding you, it was like a slot machine too me is nowadays..lol!

now fast-forward 28 years, it had to be Chippendales lol!...nearly 10 years ago.

now at age 50...it's about my slots, having good eats and just taking in the strip, it just doesn't seem to get old/boring as of yet, whether it's with my sons and my DH or with family or with friends..or just plain solo.

The major "Wow" for me are the Bellagio Fountains, just standing there listening to the music and watching them in action, I pray to God the fountains never go away, as other things have in Vegas.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

My first real WOW moment (other than seeing the sheer magnitude of the strip for the first time) was the first time I saw the FSE. I had never heard anything about it prior to going, so the whole thing was an entire surprise for me. My husband (we were just dating then) took me to MSS and then grabbed my hand and said "let's go". We walked outside and down the street..the whole time I was asking "where are we going?" and he kept on saying "you'll see"...we turned the corner to the FSE and I was very wowed...it was unlike anything I had ever seen before. I still thank him to this day for not saying a word about it ahead of time and keeping it as a complete surprise as it is one of my fondest first time memories of Vegas.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,230 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

Each time I see my reflection. It's just primary narcissism.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 16:21
albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

golden...lmaoooooo!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
544 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In Vegas, What made you go WOW??

The decor and atmosphere of the Forum Shops - even today 15 years later, I am mezmorised every time I visit. Especially the ceiling. It's one of my favorite places in Vegas.