We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21 and over pool at Flamingo

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Royal Oak Mich
Level Contributor
761 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
21 and over pool at Flamingo

Spent a few hours a day for 4 days at the adult pool. Its one of the smaller pools, but was very comfortable. Last year it was almost impossible to get a chair, but this year a few chairs were open for all the time I was there. They played some good music, the misters smelled like coconut, and they had a craps table and two table games in the bar. Much more adult than last year.

nh
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

go on, and then...?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

I've heard some say that there's too much shade at this pool - would you say that to be true? I have a cabana reserved for the adult pool but would still like to get sun.

PS - Where in Royal Oak? I used to live on Gardenia....

Royal Oak Mich
Level Contributor
761 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

I was grateful for the shade because the heat was so intense. Be careful if you don't have a tan already going, because this sun is WAY stronger. Some of the cabanas were in the sun, others weren't. Maybe you could request one where you want it.

I'm at 12 & crooks.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

Thanks for the info. I've been out on the lake all summer, so I've got a good tan going. But I've still managed to burn in LV even with a good tan.

I miss RO. Have a coney at National for me. And a beer at the Brewery. (I could go on and on like this...sorry!)

Boston
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

I'll be there over Labor Day so thanks for the review. I was born in Royal Oak (Beaumont Hospital) and lived on Englewood Dr. I hear it's so different now than when I was a kid!!

Royal Oak Mich
Level Contributor
761 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

Know those places well (especially the Brewery). Royal Oak is fast becoming Loft city. Major high-rise condos and a lot of upscale stores being built. It will be hard to recognize in two years.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

I know, I couldn't believe it when I was visiting in June. Traffic was never great, but OMG! I finally just parked wherever and walked everywhere the rest of the night.

8. Re: 21 and over pool at Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 07:21