We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

move to the quad? or Excalibur?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
move to the quad? or Excalibur?

Have reservations for the Tropicana already. I now see for the same price (more or less ( I could moce to Excalibur or the Quad. Location is not much of a concern. Breakfast one morning at mandalay bay and tickets the first night at luxor.

So location aside, $39 no resort free at Tropicana, or $29 AND resort fee (so $49ish) at Excalibur or Quad?

Am i overthinking this too much and should just stay put?

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

I would stay put. Trop is a good hotel that has recently been renovated. The Quad is ,,,well the Quad and Excal is hit or miss. I would chose no resort fees every time.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

I would stay at the Trop.also. The deal is better and the location is the same as Excalibur. The Quad has a better location but the Trop has a bus stop right out front,or you can catch the monorail right across the street at MGM and go all the way up the strip if necessary. have fun

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

Thanks. My only hesitation is that I work for the company that owns the trop. So I get an employee rate. I understand that should not be a reason to not go but I always stay and help me friends properties and kind of thought it might be nice to switch it up. But looking at the actual rate for the Tropicana is $110 per night those days and a $20 resort fee. So I guess I'm getting a great deal!

Michigan
Level Contributor
255 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

I've never personally stayed at the Quad... but i have stayed at both, the Tropicana & Excalibur. I enjoyed both places. ... however, I'd say stay put. The Tropicana is a much nicer hotel.

Michigan
Level Contributor
255 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

I feel your dilemma. I don't know about how it works for you, working for the company, but my hubby works for the mgm company so we are offered discounts on the hotel stays (however, I get better deals online than what they offer), but we aren't allowed to gamble on their properties. So, we try to stay at non mgm properties. Lol. It's nice to be able to play where you're staying, ya know? Short walk to your room when you're ready to crash after a long day. ...

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

I haven't stayed at any of these but have been in all of them a number of times, so you can take this for what it's worth. . . but I think a move to either of those hotels would be a step down. The Trop seems fairly refined and leaves me with a good impression. And many others have said the rooms at the Quad may just be the worst on the strip.

Not sure if this applies or if you can earn Hilton HHonors Points due to your employment, but I read someone's post saying they earned HHonors points by staying at The Tropicana. If eligible, you might as well earn credit from Hilton, which may pay off for you on future stays with them.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 11:41
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

I do get hhonors points, though with $29 & $39 room rates it amounts to no points. Lol.I do appreciate the airline points though!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

Don't stay at The Quad. Even if you find the rooms for $20 a night.

Excalibur is actually fairly decent, but I am pretty sure the Tropicana is much better.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

You are overthinking it.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
636 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: move to the quad? or Excalibur?

The Quad has the same old imperial palace rooms. Not yet renovated. Forget it. stay put.