We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alone in Vegas

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Alone in Vegas

So, weird thing happened to me this weekend. I'm here on vacation. I met up with my long-distance boyfriend for a week of fun and relaxation. However, on Saturday he decided that he'd rather go home than spend another 3 days with me. Needless to say, he's not my boyfriend anymore.

The hotel is already paid for, and my flight doesn't leave until late Tuesday night. A couple friends of mine said they'd chip in and get me a ticket to any show I wanted to see tonight, no matter the cost. They won't take no for an answer.

If you had one night and basically a free ticket to any show in Vegas, where would you go? What would you see?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alone in Vegas

I'm sorry to hear that.

One free show on any night, I'd look who was headlining at CP. But it doesn't look like anyone is tonight. So I'd probably go to MJ One, since I love his music.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alone in Vegas

Why not a good laugh?...take in a comedy show...Carrot Top, Absinthe or some other stand-up. That's what I'd go for...the laughs

Orland Hills...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Alone in Vegas

carrot top or rock of ages

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alone in Vegas

You've got nice friends. :-)

Not much playing tonight, I'd second Michael Jackson One of the shows available tonight.

I was going to say Carrot Top, but he's dark on Mondays.

Good luck!

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alone in Vegas

I would recommend Carrot Top as well. Try to get a front row seat for free shots of whiskey!

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alone in Vegas

Where is your hotel? I would probably go somewhere close. I suggest Love at Mirage or Ka at MGM or LeReve at the Wynn,

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alone in Vegas

I'm actually staying at the D on Fremont, but I can take a cab anywhere. What do you guys think about Penn & Teller? I see that Carrot Top is not playing tonight and I'm not that wild about Michael Jackson.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alone in Vegas

Penn & Teller gets some mixed reviews, but I have seen them twice and loved their show. Considering seeing them for a 3rd time next month. It is a good mix of magic and comedy, and you will not only be laughing, but will also be amazed at some of the things they do. I think this would be a great show to see under the circumstances. Both Penn and Teller hang out in the lobby after the show for autographs and pictures....no extra charge! Get your picture taken with each one of them, and then send copies to your EX to show him who you ended up with after he left.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Alone in Vegas

Another vote for Michael Jackson One and I agree, you've got very nice friends! :)

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alone in Vegas

I'm mixed about Penn & Teller. I liked the magic in the show but found it a bit preachy. I want to be entertained while on vacation. What about the Chipendales at the Rio? That would take your mind off things and be a fun night out!