We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

I see that there have been some changes to my app version of the MyVegas game now making it near impossible to earn any kind of significant LP's reward points to exchange for items via the rewards page. I was wondering if anyone has heard why this occured and since I am unable to play the FB version has this same restriction occured on it and thus making it very tough to earn high number of LP's?

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Interesting...have heard some with Androids who lost the app & can not find it on the app store. DH has a Galaxy & plays it daily.

I have an iphone & had not played in about 10 days. Was up to 90K playing chips---tried for half an hour on 2 games, lost 30K, tried 15 min. on 2 other games & lost 15K more! (600/spin) OUCH!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

>I see that there have been some changes to my app version

I use both the Face Book and iOS version and haven't noticed any changes. You should note that the mobile game is *designed* to link with the Face Book system, not to act as a stand alone.

What specifically do you feel has changed?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

They removed all but 2 ways to earn LP's. You can only earn them via numerous spins as the little gold icon on the left builds up and finally will give out X amount after so many spins and also on the daily spin. No longer can you earn gold LP's by completing challenges or by leveling up. All you earn now are the playing wager chips. I played all day yesterday and earned around 100 LP's, before I was earning a hundred in an hour or so by either leveling up or completing the challenges.

Maryland
Level Contributor
420 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Mine still shows the challenges. Also for the gold icon that fills up, it is based on how many chips you have played not how many spins. So if you're betting higher it will fill up faster.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Mine still shows I earn loyalty points for completing challenges. I am working on #8 King's Court and it says it's worth 20 LP's and 1,100 Chips. Is it maybe after you've reached a certain level?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Yep, mine still has challenges, level ups and the usual gold "gas tank".

Question for those who show the challenges - are you sync'd with Face Book?

Maryland
Level Contributor
420 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Yes, I am synced with facebook and I see the challenges. My level is not very high though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

Mine shows the challenges...but now upon completion I only get chips.

Maryland
Level Contributor
420 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

What level are you maddpadd? I am at level 22 on the app and just completed a challenge to check and I did receive the loyalty points that it indicated.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MyVegas reduces app version to useless?

The challenges are still there you just only get betting chips when you complete it now over before getting both. Also leveling up still earns you betting chips, just not the more important LP's.