We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for teenagers

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels for teenagers

First time to Vegas with 3 teenagers.. Staying for 4 nights.. Looking for recommendations for hotels that teenagers will like.. Great pool, yummy food( ie breakfast buffets), central to monorails etc.. We are visiting mid november!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for teenagers

The average temperature in Vegas in November is just over 50 degrees (12 Celsius) so when you are planning your trip, you probably won't need to factor in a hotel's pool quality. Did you have a per night hotel budget in mind? That will allow for some specific recommendations for you.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for teenagers

Yeah, Pool will not be a factor. Also not really sure why the monorail is a factor, unless you need to go to the convention center, and even then, it's not really much cheaper then a cab.

If you want a pool, you may want to look at some options that have an indoor pool. I can only think of one. The Tropicana. Last time we were there, they had an "outdoor" pool that could be converted to an indoor pool by sliding a door. I think that pool is open year-round. Only downside to that is there is no monorail station at the Trop. You'd have to go across the street to MGM to access the monorail.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 12:59
South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for teenagers

if your budget will handle it, I would suggest the Venetian. Close tots of shopping {Forum, Fashion Show Mall and their own Canal Shops), food at a variety of price points (however no buffet at the hotel - lots of them nearby though), great spa and easy access all to the rest the strip has to offer. Also the rooms are larger with multiple tvs and huge bathrooms.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for teenagers

Some off strip chain hotels have indoor pools if its that important to you. Also, many chains like Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites, etc. include breakfast in the room price.

New York
Level Contributor
711 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for teenagers

I suggest Planet Hollywood - mid strip fun hotel with the Miracle Mile Shops , it has everything a teenager would need - outdoor pools will most likey be closed during November

http://www.miraclemileshopslv.com/

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for teenagers

Signature- family friendly condominium accommodation for the family, and adjacent to MGM, with access to their pool areas (although note it may be cold!) , the monorail and a broad range of dining options...

Bon voyage!

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for teenagers

How many total in the group and how much you wish to pay per night are required unless you want me to just start guessing: The Wynn has great Vegan options I'm told. That's yummy food to some I guess. Emphasis on GUESS.

Personally, the monorail is useless when I'm there.

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for teenagers

Thanks everyone for info.. We definately wont be needing an outdoor pool with those temps!(indoor could be good tho).. We will stick with cabs and not worry about monorails.. I guess our budget a night would be $150 or a bit more if something better is avaliable.. Please keep hotel suggestions coming.. Its our first time to vegas from australia so any info would be much appreciated!

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels for teenagers

I don't like to stay there myself because it's at the wrong end of the strip for me, but if I had teenagers, I'd stay at MGM. It's like a small city. Another place to consider might be the Orleans. I think they have a bowling alley and a movie theatre.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels for teenagers

How many people total? Most Vegas hotel rooms only allow four and will charge extra for persons three and four. Typically $35 per person per night. So, there's half your hotel budget. You certainly wouldn't be the first person to sneak the extras in. That might be a bit of a challenge with three teens, though.

How old are the kids? Its a different experience for 13 vs. 19.