We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skipping car rental lines

Chicago, Illinois
13 posts
Save Topic
skipping car rental lines

Last time we were in town we joined the thrifty loyalty program for the sole purpose of skipping the line. It was wonderful. We went directly to our car.....any other companies offer this? Not asking about shorter lines.....looking for no lines. Don't want to be limited to what car choices thrifty offers.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,451 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skipping car rental lines

All of the major car rental firms offer this. Check their websites for details and sign up.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: skipping car rental lines

In December we rented from Dollar. Just walked up and mentioned my name to the guy and showed ID and he basically handed us our agreement and said go find a car! It is well work it to sign up online. Especially when you arrive late, as we did. But I would think that no matter what time you arrive it's nice to save time at the car rental center.

Chicago, Illinois
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: skipping car rental lines

It was so funny last time cause I felt like we were vip's when we walked right past the long line and straight to our vehicle. and we had zero points and we had just joined the program the night before!

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skipping car rental lines

Dollar's program works great, and they often have the cheapest rates.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: skipping car rental lines

With Hertz Gold you get a text as your plane lands with the kind of rental you're getting and the number of the space it's in. Just get off the shuttle, take the elevator or escalator up to the hertz level of the garage, throw your bags in and you are off! Couldn't be easier!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,219 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: skipping car rental lines

I have Avis Preferred skip the lines right to the car.

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
744 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: skipping car rental lines

Alamo has been doing this for years with their "Quicksilver/Insiders" program. We love it!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: skipping car rental lines

Used Dollar earlier this week. Didn't have to stand in line. Walked straight up to the garage and our name was on a screen with the space number our car was in. Walked straight to the car - if you don't like that particular car, you can choose another one in the same row/class of car. So easy and quick.

Chicago, Illinois
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: skipping car rental lines

Thanks everyone

Edited: 24 March 2014, 00:16
New Jersey
Level Contributor
121 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: skipping car rental lines

I just got a great rate through Payless for my May trip, but don't really see a program like this...am I missing something?