We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
337 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

Will post trip report as reply

Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
337 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

Where to begin?

Flew out Tuesday night with a buddy (LG) on Delta and staying at Bally's. We go once a year and was our first time at Bally's. We usually go for a class, but this time was for a vacation but we were meeting some buddies out there who were in the class we usually take there.

We were comped 4 nights in Jubilee Premium room. I recently got the Total Rewards Visa and along with it came the Platinum status, among other things. Check-in line was empty and we checked in with Terry. Tried the $20 trick, but Terry returned the $20 and said they were completely booked except for a few smoking rooms. So when we got to our rooms we found empty water bottles, a pair of shoes, used q-tips in bathroom, etc. We called down to inform them of the situation and after 20 minutes, Terry came up and took us to our new room which was a Jubilee Suite. This suite was pretty big with 2 bathrooms, tub, bar, 3 flatscreens, etc. Terry apologized for inconvenience and was nice the whole time. However, the suite had just one bed and that didn't 100% work for two guys. Terry tried to call down stairs to see what management could do for us, but they were being stingy and Terry said they have a tendency to be cheap. Long story short we decided to keep room and get two rollaway beds as our other buddies would crash on Thursday and Friday. Terry told us for our lost time gambling he would get us $50 food and bev credit. The next morning we went to front desk to get it and they said they couldn't do it but when I pushed the issue they said they'd do it if we switched back to our original room which we declined.

More to come........

Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
337 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

After leaving the front desk discouraged we ate breakfast and went to the Quad to play BJ, which is what both of us play exclusively while awaiting Harrah's box office to open to redeem Mac King tickets for the 3pm show. The show was pretty funny, but I thought it was geared more towards families. That night we had comped tickets to Vegas!TheShow at PH. This was really a good show, especially since the tix were free. Over the next few days we gambled at won at Cosmo, Bally's, NYNY, PH, Golden Nugget, and El Cortez but had no luck at Paris. LG had never been to Cosmo and he was hooked instantly. We've both been to Vegas 8+ times and like to hang out at new places as well as usual places like NYNY.

Everywhere we went it was packed, even downtown. March Madness is crazy. Hard to find anything less than $15 tables and impossible to find 3:2 BJ where minimums were less than $25 except for downtown.

We had little luck with food or service for that matter. Some of the places we ate were:

Mr. Lucky's, Nine Fine Irishmen (MyVegas), Gordon Ramsay BurGR, PH buffet, Paris buffet, Nathan's, and Sbarro.

Had the $7.77 special at Mr. lucky's at HR and food was good but service was bad. Guy told us one thing but did another, wouldn't split check, etc. Nine Fine had the worst service ever, but food was good. Earlier on Friday my buddies went to get a table for lunch to order drinks and apps, but the server was so rude because she said tables are "lunch tables". So they left and complained to manager who asked us to come back and get round of drinks and apps. Went back for dinner, got seated and took 20 mins to receive service and another 20 to get drinks then more time to get apps, so we decided to split. Gordon Ramsay BurGR is busy only because the name because it wasn't the food. The food was average at best, had American burger, truffle fries, and pudding shake. Will not eat there again

Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
337 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

On Friday night, tried to get into piano bar at NYNY but couldn't because it was jam packed. Rode the roller coaster (MyVegas) and had a couple of drinks at the outside bar at the piano bar (MyVegas).

Overall we had a great time and ended up slightly down on the trip after losing the morning of our flight home, but ended up bringing home more money than planned. When checking out Saturday morning I had a internet service charge which I disputed because we didn't use he internet. After speaking with manager and after giving me a hard time and lecture, they took off the charges. Only reason I stay at CET properties is because we always get a comped room, but after this trip I'm reconsidering because of less than average service and bad blackjack tables (6:5).

Sorry this TR is jumping around a lot. I'm sure I'm leaving something out so ask me if you have a question.

Blackstone...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

How was it getting in and out of ballys with all the construction in the front. Thanks for the trip report

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

Thanks for the trip report. The room mess-up was a lot of trouble, wasn't it? Glad you didn't lose much.

Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
337 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

The first few days were bad because they had the escalator in front of Bally's and to the North where they are constructing the Cromwell closed. So if you wanted to go North to Harrah's, Flamingo, etc. you had to cross the street and go through at Bellegio to cross at Caesar's. They opened them up the last few days, but it was a headache.

The worst part about the room mix-up was they were being stingy about everything except for Terry. He had to push management to get what we got. I was platinum and we've been comped in the past at all CET properties.

7. Re: Trip Report 3/18-3/22/14 - Bally's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 06:16