We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Has anybody ever been on the strip people watching at five or six in the morning. Share your experiences

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
644 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Absolutely! I do this on every trip. And sometimes I'M one ot the people being watched!

Sometimes you'll be up early and watch everyone who's out and about while going for coffee, a paper, or on the way to breakfast. Lots' of "walks-of-shame" and clubbers hitting the streets at that hour.

Other times I've found myself walking out the door after a night of gamlbing and find myself SHOCKED at seeing the sunrise! ("Was I really at it ALL NIGHT?! WOW! I LOVE Vegas!")

Nothing beat people watching - whether or not your're the watcher or the "watchee."

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

I've found that by 6 or 7am the strip is pretty vacant, you'll see a few people out, and quite a few runners as well. I tend to think that the best time for watching is around 4-5am.

Great to walk the strip, enjoy the weather, and a coffee while milling about.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Playing spot the hooker is like shooting fish in a barrel at this hour. I have to say, I've been out all over the strip alone at all hours, but the early morning is the only time I've ever felt uncomfortable, perhaps because the toursit to sketchy people ratio totally favors the sketchy people. Still won't stop me from getting out in the am, just my observations.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Sure get a nice coffee or a drink if your still partying and the city is all yours

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

I never quite understood this "people watching" malarkey. Is it just a form of voyeurism, or am I just missing something obvious here?

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

I've normally been out and about before 8 the first couple of days on every trip, normally around 7-9 you see a few joggers and a few just sumbling back from the night before.

On the 1st day of my second trip, i was wondering up to the CVS to pick up sun cream because i didn't bother packing any. Got stopped by a couple asking me why I was awake walking the strip at 6am. They were surprised I wasn't drunk, because they were 'wasted'.

Explained I landed from London the day before, so I was jet lagged, and had a couple of hours sleep, so had sobered up.

They couldn't understand why I flew in from London, they didn't know there was one in Australia.

I explained, I flew in from London, because I live near London and I am actually English.

They didn't believe me, I pointed out that I was wearing an England "soccer" shirt, that didn't work either.

Same day, before 7 when I got back to PH, accidentally upset a drunk girl at the bar because I wouldn't take her last $1 chip from her, then she was kind of trying to get me to buy her a drink. Luckily my brother came down, so she was easy to fob off, she started chatting to another guy and they left a few minutes later.

Just finished a coke, some Scottish blokes came over still drinking from the night before, so started chatting to us loads of random rubbish. I couldn't understand half of it, ended up having a couple of beers with them.

By the time my mate finally got out of bed and joined us after 9, me and my brother were on our 4th beer playing Pai Gow. The breakfast buffet was a must soon after.

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

any good places to sit and watch

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,058 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Fascinating! When I'm on vacation the only time I'm up at 5am is because I haven't gone to bed yet, and am therefore in no condition to observe or comment on anyone else... in fact, I'm probably the one that the rest of you are talking about!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

Sure the bar at Central right in the lobby of Caesars is a fun spot to hang out. I like to drink here to wind my night up at 4 or 5am. Gets a good flow of folks coming in to see the famous fountain from Hangover. Place a to go order for late night munchies.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early Morning strip walk (people watching)

You don't need to be that early...7AM has a lovely variety of runners, older couples & plenty of those doing the walk of shame...

My fav spot is an outdoor table at Mon Ami Gabi, any time of year (they have space heaters when it is cool)

Edited: 25 March 2014, 16:59