We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

Hi all, Martin from Glasgow, Scotland here. My fiancee and I are seriously thinking about booking a 10 day holiday to Vegas where we will get married and hopefully relax and recharge our batteries.

We really like the look of the Chapel of the Flowers (just the two of us) and intend to go for Regal Ceremony for $695 in the Victorian Chapel. We wanted to avoid the tacky side of weddings in Vegas and have been advised by a few people who have been that this is a safe option.

Hotel-wise, we're looking at the Venetian - the best deal we can find is 10 nights in a king suite including breakfast for around $2000 - are we making a good choice with this hotel?

We still have to find suitable flights before we can book anything but would be grateful for advice regarding spending money as we're not sure how expensive Las Vegas is. Gambling will be minimal so it's really just food and drink (not fine dining but not McDonalds either so for the most part something above average I would say) Obviously we don't want to find ourselves short so advice regarding a comfortable daily budget would be great!

Thanks in advance

Martin

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

Friday and Saturday nights in Las Vegas are typically 2-3 times the price of weeknights. So if you have the option, make sure your 10 nights include only 1 of each. This will stretch your budget.

Venetian is a great choice. Without exact dates I can't tell you if that is a good rate or not. But as long aas you are booking direct with the hotel, using a fully refundable reservation, you have nothing to lose by booking a reservation. If the rate goes up, you have your rate locked in. If the rate should go down you contact Venetian and have the lower rate applied.

We got married at Chapel of the Flowers. Just the two of us, at night under the stars in their gazebo. We were very pleased with both the ceremony and pictures. My brother got married a few years later, in one of the chapels, with guests, and they were also happy.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

Have you ever considered a Caribbean Cruise, get married on one of the islands or the ship. Beautiful.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

We've looked at all options. Keen to explore the Vegas alternative.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

Hi martin. I'm from Belfast and will be getting married at chapel of flowers in December. We are staying at mgm grand signature. We were going to book vdara due to being a suite but went for the signature as it had better reviews and also the price include resort fees. It is also a suite. It's also at end of strip so bit quieter than Centre if you want to get away from it all. We are going 19 Dec until 28 then onto Mexico. Much better than getting married at home me thinks

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

I think the Venetian is a great choice! Beautiful room and hotel and lots of reasonable (by Vegas standards) dining choices nearby.

We normally budget $300/day for food and drink. We eat and drink a lot on vacation however and since we don't gamble much, we pay for a lot of pricey drinks. You can certainly come with a food budget less than ours and be just fine, but I would say $100/day would be the minimum.

Also be aware that many coming from the UK will set aside money for shopping while they are in Vegas.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 00:02
vancouver
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

Hello there,

Your wedding sounds like it will be lots of fun. Vegas is a great city to explore and the dining is wonderful. Please consider the Signature as posted earlier. I have stayed several times at the Signature and it is part of the MGM Grand which is a great hotel as well. You would be part of the Grand as a guest. Take a look at the Signature Hotel and then perhaps check out Smartervegas.com for good room rates with promos for most hotels or just look at the Signature's rates and there promos. Having a one bedroom suite is very nice and you will be so happy to have a kitchen. The studios have a great little kitchen area as well and the bathrooms in either the studio or suite have lovley spa tubs. I just love the Signature and the Grand. Great views, balconys in Signature and the you have a choice of all pools.

I have seen the Venetian rooms and if this is your choice your making a good one too. Everyone has their own ideas of comfort. I find having a kitchen very handy. When we stay at the grand and do not have a kitchen I make do and enjoy the hotel as well. Their are very good restaurants to dine in.

Keep us posted as to your choices. Which ever hotel you choose will be nice and perhaps consider starting to play the MY Vegas on Facebook and you can earn buffets, shows, dinners, rooms etc. for free, no cost but you will need to sign up for the Players Card for MGM which can be done on line. For a short while of play each day you will be amazed at the fun and how many items you can choose for your trip. This game is for all the MGM Hotels and there a lots.

Bye for now,

7. Re: Getting Married in Vegas (Hotel, $$$$ and Chapel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:15