We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Flight

Hi , I am looking at flights to Vegas in October... There's a flight from Scotland via Amsterdam and Minneapolis - layovers 1hr 30 and 1hr 50 or thereabouts. Has anyone done this flight ? How did you find it ? And what exactly is e deal with baggage in America and connecting flights ?? Any help would be much appreciated !

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Flight

That's fab - I tried to post the exact flight details here but I couldn't manage . I don't mind the short layover inbetweenVegas and London - I was just concerned that we would have to try and move luggage ! Lol.

The flights comeing in at £651 and the journey there's great ... The journey back 16 hrs or so ...

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
639 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flight

Wow!

After reading this thread and the description of what it takes to get your person and bags to Las Vegas from the UK, I have gained a much greater respect for our foreign visitors and their obvious love for Vegas that they would endure having to claim their bags and re-check them upon landing - not to mention going through customs and immigration as well.

I had never really thought about this before. I'll bet if we Americans had to do something like this to get to Vegas, we'd all complain to no end and about half of the posts on this forum would be about the inconvenience of traveling to our favorite destination!

Way to go guys! Welcome to the U.S.A.! See you in Vegas!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flight

Have you priced up virgin from gatwick??

Cumbria
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flight

Thomas cook fly direct

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Flight

That's fab - I tried to post the exact flight details here but I couldn't manage . I don't mind the short layover inbetweenVegas and London - I was just concerned that we would have to try and move luggage ! Lol.

The flights comeing in at £651 and the journey there's great ... The journey back 16 hrs or so ...

Yea I have priced up Virgin £960

16. Re: Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:15