We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming Pools

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming Pools

Hi I am going to LV for the first time in August and was wondering if I booked to see the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay can I then go for a swim in the pool afterwards or do I oay for these seperate?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,824 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming Pools

"I booked to see the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay can I then go for a swim in the pool afterwards or do I oay for these seperate?" - No the Shark Reef is an attraction open to everybody whereas the pool is limited to hotel guests only.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming Pools

For a second I thought you meant swimming with the sharks!

Access to the Mandalay Bay pool area is only for guests of MB, THEhotel and Four Seasons.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming Pools

Thanks for clearing this up!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming Pools

Mandalay Bay has the best pool area in Las Vegas. It is a great asset, and one they have been zealously protecting all these years. If you really want to experience their pool, I recommend renting a room there on a weeknight. In addition to the pool, the rooms are very nice, as MB is a 4 star property in every way.

BTW: I want to congratulate you on a unique approach to gain entry, and one I don't think I've seen before.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming Pools

Luca Brasi sleeps with da fishes.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming Pools

FYI... little bit of "American" English...

British:American

Lift : Elevator

Boot : Trunk

Swimming Pool : Cement Pond

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming Pools

Thanks for that! I have booked CP but as its my 1st time in Vegas am not sure if I can pay to use other resorts facilities or whether its worth doing this or not?

Any advice on which would be best way to see the Grand Canyon in terms of helicopter or coach would be gladly welcome? Should I book before I go or when I arrive? Which companies to use etc?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,824 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming Pools

"Any advice on which would be best way to see the Grand Canyon in terms of helicopter or coach would be gladly welcome? Should I book before I go or when I arrive? Which companies to use etc?"

You should read the Top Questions on visiting the Grand Canyon but note that a helicopter from Las Vegas will only take you to GC West which is not part of the National Park - most will say it's scenic but inferior to the GCNP and is expensive

You can visit the GCNP from Las Vegas by coach but it's around a 5 hour drive each way and only gives you about 3 hours at the GCNP - you can also do it by fixed wing plane but this can be expensive and doesn't give you any more time at the GCNP.

Most would recommend a self drive car with an overnight at the GCNP.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming Pools

Caesar's has nice pools. Not as big as Mandalay Bay, but quite nice all the same.

If you can swing it, I would also recommend renting a car and staying overnight at GCNP. But I'll warn you there's plenty to see and do in Vegas. You won't have to worry about being bored.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming Pools

MGM Grand has very nice pool facilities as well. I actually think their lazy river is better than the one at Mandalay Bay.