We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Middle ground budget

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Middle ground budget

How many dollars a day do people think is a nice middle of the road budget for Vegas, not scraping the barrel at the bottom end or going mad with gambling at the top end, middle of the road eats ?.

I know a budget is what you make of it, but middle ground please per day, for two people.?

Not to include hotel costs.

Alloa, United...
Level Contributor
939 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Middle ground budget

Vurda, we are going in Sept and given the good exchange rate were thinking about ours today . I want to take $500 a day for food/drink/gambling etc however my wife thinks $300 is enough , discussion is ongoing but I am not hopeful :)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,658 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Middle ground budget

I work on an average of $150 for 2 meals (breakfast & dinner), $150 per day for gambling and $100 per day for incidentals (tips, coffee, snacks).

These are for 2 people and excluding hotel and any show costs.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Middle ground budget

I have been to Vegas before , quite a few times,but I often wonder what other " normal people " take. I was thinking 600 dollars , so your five looks good to me. I know I would not like to try and manage on three though. But I am staying out of it so your wife does not kill me lol!!!!!

I know my budget will do it for my needs, ( not for my wants though ).

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Middle ground budget

It's a much as you want it to be. We spent so long last year trying to work out how much we needed and we just gave up in the end.

You could spend all week eating fast food from McDonald's or you can eat meals that cost more than my mortgage every month! It's completely up to you. We aren't bug gamblers so were happy to lose $50 a day.

We generally ate at middle of the road places like sugar factory, wicked spoon buffet, peppermill lounge and most of our hills came to around $40 to $60 per lunch and a but higher for evening meals as usually had drinks.

Alloa, United...
Level Contributor
939 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Middle ground budget

We took $500 p/d for our last trip and it was fine , we actually brought about half our budget back but had some good wins for that. Like most brits we only eat a couple of times a day and maybe pick up a late night snack if drunk enough.

I think a lot depends on how much you intend to gamble, I like to gamble and like to have a decent daily budget (decent for me , very small for others) to let me do that.

If my wife gets her way, then the cash will be for gambling and we can charge everything else :)

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Middle ground budget

Wow,I cant imagine spending $500 a day. I play the slots slightly and seldom have a fancy meal so I get by quite easily on $150 a day. I also pre-pay for shows I want to see and any tours I want to take. have fun

England
Level Contributor
921 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Middle ground budget

We had around $150 per day for food & drink and $100 each per day for gambling. We rarely spent our daily budget but didn't have many sit down meals, we mainly ate at food courts and we didn't buy $15 drinks

8. Re: Middle ground budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16