We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio/Expedia

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio/Expedia

Hello everyone! We booked our anniversary trip via Expedia (flight and hotel). 4/12-4/15. Staying at the Bellagio and received 2 free show tickets. When calling Bellagio to confirm they told me I could pay and extra fee per day to guarantee the room we want (king non smoking) I chose not to do this. I have previously stayed at The Venetian, Palazzo, and The Palms and been very pleased. I've had 2 dreams about arriving at the Bellagio and being so unhappy with the room and them not accommodating us one bit! Should I pay the extra fee? 20 dollar trick? Thanks in advance!!!!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Any chance you can tell us what the fee is? $5 per day? $100 for the entire stay? Something else?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Personally I would not pay an extra fee to reserve a king non-smoking room, but not getting the exact room I wanted isn't the type of thing I stress over. In my experience Bellagio has pretty good customer service - they have always tried to accommodate my requests and corrected the situation when I've experienced a problem.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Those two nights were just materialistic dreams. You'll be fine; do the $20 trick/ sandwich/tip/bribe/ and you'll probably have success.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Thank you everyone. It was 30 extra a day to guarantee the room we wanted.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Btw, can anyone tell me what does the daily resort fee include?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

http://www.vegastripping.com/resortfees/

So for $90 you get the room you want, guaranteed. And you're willing to try the "$20 trick" to get it. So you're really talking about spending $70. $23 a night for your 3 night stay.

Now, personally, I don't care that much. If I get a bed, I'm good. But if you're having nightmares about it that's a different story. Pay the $90 and enjoy yourselves without having nightmares about a room type.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,022 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

From the Bellagio website:

"In-room high speed and wireless Internet, In-room local and toll-free calls, Fitness Center access, and airline boarding pass printing."

The earlier you arrive for check in, the better chance you'll have of getting the room you want. Try to check in early.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Ya, but what is she pays the $90 and then has dreams about checking in and the clerk tells her she was too late deciding and all they have left is a room with twin beds.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

Thanks for the tips everyone. I know it seems so silly about the dreams and room type. I just didn't know if we really needed to spend 90 bucks extra. My husband has never been to Vegas so I just want everything to go smoothly!

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio/Expedia

If the type room is a deal braker do it, if not wait until you're there. Once travelling with my mom and staying at Bellagio I requested 2 beds and by checking in they didn't have one available yet, only 1 king bed rooms. They told me I could either take the 1 bed room and switch rooms the next day, or wait later and see if something come up in their system. I told them I was with my mom so 1 bed wouldn't work even for 1 day so we did chose to wait since we were hungry and wanted to have lunch first either way. After lunch we were ready to be out and came back by bed time around midnight and they offered me a 2 beds fountain view room that I think magically appeared. I asked if I would have to pay extra for that and they told me I won't, that it was complimentary for the inconveniance. They even waived the resort fee and they were really nice dealing with this.

The resort fee is supposed to include the use of gym, pool, in room wifi, print boarding passes, etc. the thing is that even if you don't use any of those perks you still have to pay. I rather consider it as part of the rate than complaint about it