We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palms Vs. Mirage

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Palms Vs. Mirage

I have been to the palms for ALIZE and their buffet. I know it has been recently updated. I have an offer to stay at the Mirage or Palms premier room for the same price and can't seem to choose one. It would be just for one night, and then moving to ARIA. Any thoughts. Of course I have looked at a lot of reviews on both and the rooms are hit or miss and Palms just went through a renovation and I'm guaranteed a premier room there. I know it's off the strip and I don't mind that since it will be just for one night. Is there something that I would enjoy for one night at either one? Thanks!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,630 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,114 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
264 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

IMO if u want the clubs then palms. If you want good retaurants, good gambeling, and location in regards to strip i would stay at Mirage.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

Personally I wouldn't stay at Palms no matter what the room. Just don't like the vibe or crowd that goes there.

I also don't like staying off Strip, but as you said that does not matter to you. I'd take the Mirage but make sure you are put in a Resort Tower King. It is on high floors with private elevator access. It also has a normal "Vegas" style bathroom, not the tiny ones in the regular rooms. Considering it is a comp I doubt they would not work with you on that.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

1-If you're ok with being off-strip for one night

2-if you want to see what the new rooms look like

3-Given that when you'll be at Aria you'll be somewhat close to Mirage to visit the resort if you feel like it....

I'd go with Palms....

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

I'm still torn. I also would get free breakfast buffet with the rate at Palms. Thanks for the feed back though.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

As a tourist to Las Vegas - wanting excitement, shows, gambling, restaurants, - I would choose the Mirage every time unless there was a strong pull to the Palms - doesn't sound like you have that

I'd see LOVE - or a comedian, if playing at the Mirage. If staying at the Palms see if the lounge has a good band (some are excellent) - or go to a movie.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

I would stay at the Palms if I planned to spend my night there (i.e. go to Ghostbar) or to check out Ditch Friday, but if I planned to be on the strip most of the time I would just go with Mirage and avoid the hassle of getting to and from the strip.

Mentioned in this post
Ghostbar
Ghostbar
150 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,507 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

"If you want good retaurants, good gambeling, and location in regards to strip i would stay at Mirage"

Actually it doesn't work that way. Palms has MUCH BETTER gambling than Mirage. And I'm sure many might argue that they also have better dining.

8. Re: Palms Vs. Mirage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:17