We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Artisan" Drinks

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
"Artisan" Drinks

From a recent article over at Vegas Chatter...

"One look at Sage’s cocktail menu had this writer drooling. My favorite was the East Meets West, a delicious combination of whiskey, chai tea, honey, cream, and nutmeg. "

Dafuk? Do people really want to drink these things? Whatever happened to "Whiskey, neat". Or if feeling daring, "Whiskey, rocks".

Get your chai tea and numeg out of my whiskey. And, no, you can't come into my yard to get your ball back.

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

A whisky/scotch neat isn't a cocktail. I like both. I mean, who DOESN'T like cocktails?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Right!?! What's wrong with a good ol' glass of booze?!?

Although, I have the same feeling about most mixed drinks and those silly sweet slushy drinks...

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Some of us like variety. I like to try new things including drinks! Not a whiskey drinker myself but a good vodka or rum is yum.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Zeke, if they start with a p1ss-poor whiskey, I don't mind if they put all sorts of "stuff" in it. Kind of like 7 & 7, who cares what you put in 7 Crown? Or Captain Morgan Rum? Can't ruin something that isn't drinkable in the first place!!

And what is "chai tea"? The word "chai" means "tea", doesn't it? So why the redundancy? I hate those poseurs who use the word "chai", and being a bartender does not exempt one from that!

I'll keep my whiskey neat!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Sage has a nice selection of whiskey, including a range of Pappy Van Winkle. At least, they had it back in November. They will happily sell you that. I ordered the 12 year old from there. Plus I have had some of their well made cocktails. I really like cocktails too.

Drink your chai tea with some shrimp scampi.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Jeff: technically, scampi is supposed to be made with Nephrops norvegicus, a lobster, rather than with shrimp. So the use of the adjective "shrimp" in "shrimp scampi" is necessary to disclaim that the meat is the proper Nephrops norvegicus.

Kind of like proclaiming that it is "faux scampi."

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Interesting. I had always head people make that joke. Saying it was redundant. Same with ahi tuna.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Jeff, "ahi tuna" is not redundant either! Ahi is a specific tuna (yellowfin), distinct from what we Americans call albacore tuna and from the bluefin.

Boy, I think I need a nice scotch after all this!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

I need a fancy cocktail from Sage.

:)

But I am settling on a Negroni made at home

cheers!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Artisan" Drinks

Jeff, I haven't tried a Negroni -- I can't think of Campari without my mind going to the Larry Flynt-Jerry Falwell lawsuit, so I never drink it. "My first time ... was with my mother in the outhouse".

I'll wait to taste the Negroni until you can make it for me!

Have a great weekend.