We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunday rental car rate quirk

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stanwood, Washington
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sunday rental car rate quirk

Booking a car for.June 22 to the 27th. Getting a quote of $256. This is a Sunday to Friday. When I change the date to the 23rd it lowers the rate to $ 156. Times don't seem to change the rate. You would think that if a had a Sunday evening pick up inventory would be higher. So 12 hours increases my total by $100' anyone know.what is going on?

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunday rental car rate quirk

Nothing going on. No quirk. It's as simple as supply and demand. I've seen it many times. Not just at LAS. One day, or even as few hours, can change a rate by more than $100

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunday rental car rate quirk

Yield management. I'd continue to watch prices and look into other rental vendors.

3. Re: sunday rental car rate quirk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:16