We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shows in Vegas

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Shows in Vegas

I still haven't decided 100% if my husband and I will be watching any shows while in Vegas. If we do, I am interested in The Beatles -LOVE and Zumanity Cirque du Soleil.

I have been told to check out Tix4tonight. I have also been told it is best to purchase my tickets BEFORE we leave for our trip. What is the best way (cheapest/convenient) way to get our tickets?

I know there are different priced tickets for the same show. Is it worth splurging and spending more for the better seats? I am wondering if the cheaper seats still have a good view?

Thanks for any info/advice about seeing shows in Vegas.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,391 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shows in Vegas

Cheap seats still have good views--these aren't large theatres. In fact, I think the lower seats in LOVE would be a worse view

You can probably find the best deal online before your trip, if you don't mind having your schedule set for such things. Tix4tonight may or may not have your show available, but if you don't want a set schedule, you will probably get the best deal there. But expect to wait in line for a time at Tix4tonight.

Personally I prefer to get a good deal & not waste time in Vegas waiting so i buy ahead.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,391 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shows in Vegas

http://www.vegas.com/mytrip/app/Products/show;jsessionid=6wpJTgqDSwxeannSdhw0Y7t9?0&searchCat=Genre:genre+-+Cirque+du+Soleil&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shows+-+Cirque&utm_term=cirque+du+solei&utm_content=sulWFnZoG_dc|pcrid|38511141024|pkw|cirque+du+solei|pmt|b

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shows in Vegas

kbunde - Perfect! That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shows in Vegas

If you're limited in terms of the show you want to see and/or the nights you have available, e.g. you want to see LOVE but it has to be the 7:30 pm show on this particular Thursday, you should buy in advance to avoid disappointment, particularly if it's one of the more popular shows which LOVE is.

I would check sites like travelzoo.com, smartervegas.com, broadwaybox.com and goldstar.com for show discounts, as well as the CdS website itself; navigate to the LAs Vegas shows section and there is a section for specials or discounts...

RE: seating location, for the CdS shows sitting a little farther back is actually better. For other shows like the headliners, the Broadway-style shows, magic, etc, I'd pay up to sit as close as possible to the "sweet spot" (usually 5-8 rows back from the stage, center section) to get the best view.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shows in Vegas

"What is the best way (cheapest/convenient) way to get our tickets?" - I always recommend buying in advance so you can pick your ticket price range and seats. You might get discounted tickets at tix4tonight but availability is not guaranteed and even if they have tickets they may only have the most expensive ones. It also means waiting in line at tix to buy the voucher which you then have to take to the box office to get your tickets.

"Is it worth splurging and spending more for the better seats? I am wondering if the cheaper seats still have a good view?" - Most venues are relatively small so even the cheaper seats are ok - in fact some people would say that the cheaper seats are better for some of the CDS shows where the action takes place on and above the stage.

Check smartervegas for discount codes.

http://www.smartervegas.com/shows.aspx

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shows in Vegas

It is going to cost us $262 to see LOVE. I wish I knew if this was worth it. I figure, if we are going to Vegas, we have to see a show! Hmm... decisions, decisions.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shows in Vegas

>It is going to cost us $262 to see LOVE

Sounds like you're looking at Cat. B seats on the smartervegas.com deal. The Cat. C seats are excellent will save you some money. It's worth it *if* you enjoy The Beatles' music.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shows in Vegas

That is the cost for 2 seats in C. There is another website that I'm trying to use but I keep getting a server error. I'll keep looking. And YES! We are big Beatles fans. :)

Actually, it is the Smartervegas.com that is giving me an error. I'll try again tonight.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 19:27
milton keynes
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shows in Vegas

I never saw a show in Vegas that was sold out, including LOVE.

I found a deal online but because i was in Vegas & trying to use my English bank card I was having problems. I went to the box office at the mirage & they gave me the same seat I was trying to hook for the same deal

so you could just try going to the box office the morning you want to go & see if they will honour your online deal

10. Re: Shows in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:15