We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

I think I wasn't thinking clearly when I booked a 6:40AM flight out of Vegas, not realizing I'd be leaving my hotel around 4:30AM... Unfortunately I booked w/ Frontier Airlines through Orbitz. Since I used a 3rd party, there's supposed to "no chages" to my tickets. Any suggestions on how I might be able to get them to let me change my return flight short of playing for a new ticket all together?

North Dakota
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

stay up all night and sleep on the plane...we've all been there

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

That's going to be tough after I night out with the cougars.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

Call Frontier. You may be able to change it, but there would be a change fee plus the difference in fare.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,906 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

It's pretty much a choice of " suck it up and pay for a new flight" or "suck it up and deal with the early flight".

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

Why do you want to change it? To have some extra Vegas time the next morning? Or to have some longer sleep the night before?

If you just plan on a longer sleep, you might as well do an all nighter, stay on the strip until light then leave to the airport. You can even save the last night.

Once I did, my flight back home was at 6am on a Monday morning. I check out the hotel on Sunday, left my bags at bell desk. Spend the whole day in the strip had a late dinner spend the time after that gambling and drinking. Went back to the hotel to pick my bags around 4:30am then head to the airport and sleep during the flight

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

Even if Frontier allows you to make a change to your ticket, there probably is a change fee of about $100-$150 and then if the fare is higher you will have to pay the increase in fare.

You should be able to go to the Frontier website using your airline confirmation number (Not your Orbitz conformation number) and attempt to make a change, that will tell you if you can make a change and if you can how much it will cost you.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,906 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

I hope the drunk sweaty sleeping guy who hasn't showered in a day isn't next to me on my next flight. :)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,939 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

"Good Morning Mr. Ktinca. It's 5 am and currently 84 degrees outside. Would you like some coffee sent up to your room?"

Believe me, we have all been there. And then hopefully we all learn. Enjoy your trip.

philly
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

Yeah. You may be able to change it but it'll cost you. Only if you change to an even EARLIER time is it usually free to change. Since that's not your situation you may have to pay to change or just suck it up.

My last trip, so many things went wrong because of the weather out here and by the time I could actually get a flight, I had to pay $24 more and deal with 9:55AM departure from Vegas. After having such a good time waking up at 5:30AM was the hardest thing to do. I can't even.imagine

a 6:30AM flight. Yikes!

Good luck!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6:40 AM Flight out a Vegas... I think I made a mistake

cant help with changing flight........... just keep in mind that many of the props will have very long taxi lines at that hour of the am...