We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual eats suggestions...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Casual eats suggestions...

We arrive on Sunday, 4/20 around 4pm... nothing planned between check-in and our 10:30 tickets to Purple Reign... Plan is really just check in, freshen up and head out to explore. We know we'll want to eat before the show so I'm asking for suggestions for a casual sit-down place, not counter fast food, that will be in proximity to Vdara (where we're staying) and PH. Initially I was pretty set on La Salsa but realized, just like here - we always don't crave the food we plan on once we actually get to our destination so thought having a back up plan would be good. Would like to spend no more than $20pp, we're pretty open to everything and not really foodies. Will probably want to stay away from Italian as tomato-based isn't a good idea before bed.

Thanks for any help...

los angeles
Level Contributor
916 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

Take a look at Todd English PUB at Crystals.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

Gordon Ramsay Burgr at PH

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

Vdara is surrounded by higher end hotels (Bellagio, Aria, Cosmopolitan). Tough to eat for $20 at a sit down place, especially if that is the total total (food + drinks + tax + tip). I was going to suggest Pie 550, but I think that will fail your "no Italian tomato sauce" rule. Even at Gordon Ramsay BurBG, you might be hard pressed. Unless you just want a burger. And that's it. (no appetizer or pudding milkshake or beer or cocktail )

Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

Grand Lux at Venetian or Palazzo fits your price range

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

PF Chang's at Planet Hollywood has good food and decent prices.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

I was about to suggest Tidd English Pub but see someone beat me to it.

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

Another vote for Todd English Pub!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

If your show is at PH you want to stay close to PH to eat. I would recommend Lobster Me at Planet Hollywood. They have lobster rolls and other lobster based items such as on a stick. It's not out of your price range, close to your show and quite a casual experience as it's in the mall.

And for the record Purple Reign are pretty good, I love Prince and the Revolution so I enjoyed these guys.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

These are great suggestions! Thank you all... my $20pp was a per person cost on just food - not including drinks... our typical outing here is usually between $40-$65 when we throw in drinks... Can't believe I didn't think of Grand Lux which is usually a fave of mine... Todd English has been on the bucket list too so that's at the top of the lists to review now... Mia - I'm a fellow El Paso-an - too bad there isn't a Chico's Tacos near by :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
797 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casual eats suggestions...

I'm going to have to bookmark this. I get into Las Vegas around 300 on the same day and I need a casual place for dinner. This is going to be very helpful for me too! The only thing is I will be solo. And I'm not sure what I want to do or see! Have till midnight before a gf joins me.