We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Day To Ourselves

Level Contributor
179 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
A Day To Ourselves

Luckily our friend & family are joining us in LV from the UK to witness & celebrate our wedding in November this year.

Once the guest have flown on my hubby to be & I will have approx 36hrs (2nights & 1day) to ourselves in LV before we too fly home.

Any suggestions on something cool to do?? - A little memory builder before we have to fly home to reality.

Budget £100pp Could be pushed to £150

We're in our 30ies

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Day To Ourselves

Here's some ideas...

1. Couples day spa

2. Day trip to Valley of Fire

3. Lake Mead cruise

4. Stratosphere rides

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Day To Ourselves

Take a helicopter to the canyon and have a lunch at the bottom. Arrange for a hot air balloon ride. Nice meal at the top of the Stratosphere or Eiffel Tower. Go to one of the shooting ranges and fire a machine gun.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Day To Ourselves

For your budget I would suggest day passes to Aria spa, which has lots of co-ed areas so the two of you could spend some spa time together. Then I would head over to Tod English's pub at Crystals for happy hour (3-6pm) and then go next door to Bellagio to watch the fountains after dark (sun will set about 5) and grab some dessert.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,354 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Day To Ourselves

I have to laugh--DH would rather cut an arm off than spend a day in a spa!! (of course while I love a massage or pedi, I rarely spend time on vaca doing those things--I can do that at home--and for much less $!)

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,354 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Day To Ourselves

Grand Canyon south rim

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Day To Ourselves

room service + consumation

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Day To Ourselves

I second the suggestion for the helicopter ride - that's something I've always wanted to do and think it's a perfect way to end your trip...

Level Contributor
179 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Day To Ourselves

I think helicopter too...

We plan to do the south rim tour by helicopter during the stay but id love to do it in the strip at night.

& don't worry ZekeKelso; Thats top of the list!

So shall I book before we go or are there tour offers on the strip??

North Dakota
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A Day To Ourselves

room service breakfast in bed.....followed by dessert :)

Greater London...
Level Contributor
132 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A Day To Ourselves

All day Hoover dam kayak tour - it's my favourite way to get out of vegas. We used evolution expeditions and they were amazing. Only 5 in our group, plus mike the guide. Suitable for me (who had never been in a kayak before and gets seasick) as the water is very calm and you can almost float downstream without paddling.

You get to visit a sauna cave, a take a dip in the natural hot springs before kayaking down to the emerald cave. It was a full 12 hour door to door day and well worth the early start. We got a lot more out of it than the helicopter champagne trip to Grand Canyon.

lasvegaskayaktours.com/tour_kayak_hooverdam.…