We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Topic
Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

I'm assuming that we will never earn enough for a free stay as low rollers (I think we do $50 in gaming over a weekend), but we eat at their properties and buy souvenirs and of course, book the hotel. Is there a general rule for minimums on non-gaming to comp resort fees and the like?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

Just do what you'd normally do, and at the end of your stay, visit the MLife or CET desk and see if you qualify for anything. What you're describing in terms of gambling will earn you pretty much nothing unless you're very lucky on your $50 and reinvest your winnings. Comps are primarily designed for gamblers. You can earn points spending your money on the property, but comparatively speaking, it's not going to be much earned that way.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

I'm booking a 5 night stay at Aria in September on the company dime, hope it helps something. You'd think they'd want lowrollers as well, because we don't even try to get our money back. That said, we did leave with $70 in our pocket as we played 10 minutes of craps on the way out of Excalibur yesterday.

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

Nobody knows the exact formula they use to figure out comps but a wild guess is that you would have to spend thousands to get back any kind of comps for your spending. Go have a good time and before you leave check at the Players desk and ask but don't be disappointed.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

I'm getting my comps from MyVegasslots and happy at that....and scoring a business trip. I don't care where the comps come from ;)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

Wwwleader, there are "low rollers" and then there are those who just play a little bit for giggles. You're not going to get a $25 comp for risking $50 for obvious reasons--they wouldn't make any money doing that. So no, they aren't that interested in "keeping you" as in losing money on you.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 00:17
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,228 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

MLife awards points on your total spend, not just your gaming. We visit for other reason besides gaming. After a stay last fall, with very modest slot spend I haven't been offered comps, but have been offered really decent discount rates, resort credits and show 2 for 1s.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

Your reward as a low roller at the levels you've described is a nice hotel room at a price far less than the equivalent would cost you elsewhere as well as access to great restaurants, shows, etc. in one of the most exciting cities in the world. Just have fun and enjoy it for what it is, don't expect anything extra.

Think about it, if Vegas hotels gave away free rooms and such to everyone who stayed and gambled $25 a day it would have been a ghost town decades ago...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

I'm a low roller like $200 to $400 through slots, table games and Keno per day and I consistently get offers from CET properties that include a free room for two or three nights and $20 or $50 in free play. I also usually have enough on my Total Rewards account to pay for light meals at the sports bar or alike.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 00:34
Honolulu
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

If you are sapphire level in mlife, you will get 10-15% rooms that's it. Pearl level is the same maybe a tad bit better discounts. You won't see any room comps, bufett comps till you hit the Gold level. I'm currently 49k from platinum. Few months ago I got an email for 2 nights sun-thur. Never got an offer till I hit gold.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Minimums on Mlife/CET for comps for a low roller?

I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought I could get a comped room, but the resort fees and discounts work for me. I will say this, because of the Myvegas/the hope we'll earn enough to gain status kept us from eating and buying at the Caesars properties, except for sticky toffee pudding, because that is amazing and GR is only at CET. So I do think they get something in return. All things being equal, for a fiscal conservative like me, if they offer comped resort fees or comp one of the smaller eating purchases, they get me to book at their hotel rather than any other and open my tight purse a little more.