We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

We are just a few days away from leaving. Last night While at work (hospital) I get a call from Husbands best friend. I am bringing him to ER - a bull charged the gate. Gate smacked DH in the face- thinks cheek bone is broke.

I meet DH in ER and I think great it is broke- no facial surgeon at our hospital means big out of pocket cost. But mainly my poor hubby has been through so much- cancer survivor - bone marrow transplant 20 years ago- he hates hospitals.

X-rays done --no fractures. Ice and Motrin. I ask ER doc if we can still go to vegas next week and he says. Of course. Got home this morning his eye is swollen and he will have one impressive shiner.

New rule no helping friend load cattle so close to vacation.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

That would have been a bunch of bull if you had to cancel your trip!!!

Glad that he didn't break anything.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Oh Rhinoman - that was a bad one! LOL

Hey cnnroma! We're neighbors! I'll need to keep an eye out for you guys and the impressive shiner this weekend! My old boss was the Administrator at the hospital in Fredericksburg - and you're right, that could've been a costly medical bill! So very glad it wasn't anything serious! Have a great trip and take lots of pictures to capture the memories of the trip that almost wasn't!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Glad he's okay.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

San Antonio is my hometown. We leave Monday. Hopefully the swelling will be down but I am sure it will be some lively shades of black and blue.

Rhino man we are going to see Carrot Top -3rd time front row. Last time I got TPd at the end of the show.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

When will you be at Carrot Top? We leave Sunday and plan on seeing him Monday night... 2nd row - don't care for TP but hope to get a shot of Crown :)

Your hubby will fit right in - I'm sure he won't be the only guy sporting some color on the face... too bad it isn't rodeo time!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Jealous!!! Wanted to see Carrot Top again on this trip, but he is on vacation this week, and his next show isn't until Monday. Unfortunately, we fly out on Monday afternoon. :(

Hope you all have fun at the show! Tell Mr. Top I said "HI!"

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

1st...glad he is OK!

2nd...glad you can still go!

3rd...Rhino...that was terribull...LOL

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Hey, Cintiguy...stop trying to horn in on this thread!!!

;)

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Glad you dh is ok and nothing broken.

I guess we can close the gate on this one.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Vegas trip almost got cancelled

Man, you guys are killing me! Who knew we'd have so much fun at the expense of your hubby and his bullfriend! LOL