We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

high roller ferris wheel

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
high roller ferris wheel

anyone been on this Ferris wheel from hear,,,

how's the view.. whats the cost.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,666 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,167 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Free Cancellation
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
919 Reviews
from US$598.99*
Free Cancellation
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: high roller ferris wheel

Ticket prices and information here.

http://www.thelinq.com

Try a forum search to read some reports from posters who've checked it out since it opened. There have been a few threads on here.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: high roller ferris wheel

We couldn't find out how to get to it when we were there earlier this month......ended up going to the top of the Stratosphere instead......it was much taller than the high roller wheel and the views were fantastic !

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: high roller ferris wheel

Wow 34.95 a ticket for night time. No thanks.

Mass
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: high roller ferris wheel

I haven't seen anywhere whether or not you can use TR credits to pay for entry. I wish you could since I have over $140 to waste and have given up CET props.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: high roller ferris wheel

No, you couldn't use TR credits when I was there last week. I read somewhere that some of the restaurants would eventually be accepting them just not yet.

Washington
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: high roller ferris wheel

$34.95 for the 30 minute ride on the wheel for a night view of the entire LV Valley is not high considering what else one might easily spend (within just a few short minutes) in Vegas. Have not yet decided whether or not to ride the High Roller Wheel; am thinking probably not & might pass. My high floor, Cosmo Terrace Fountain View rooms look out over the LV Valley (day & night) prove just as exciting & breathtaking; plus, I can experience the awesome view during any part of my 24-hrs. spent there each day. But $34.95 p/p during the night time ride who may not be lucky enough to experience a gorgeous view, the Wheel's pricing is well worthwhile a one-time experience.

Mentioned in this post
Bozeman, MT
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: high roller ferris wheel

I took a ride on Sunday night about 1:30ish. The place was dead. I actually had to wait when I got to the wheel for another group to show up because they won't let solo riders into the pods in case we pass out or something. Stood there waiting for about 5 minutes as pod after pod after pod passed by. I knew there was a group on the way as they were entering the bar area just as I was exiting it but they were getting drinks. Apparently they're not doing a "Grand Opening" of the thing until Memorial Day weekend so maybe business will pick up, but for right now I'd say wait until discounts/2-for-1's. I couldn't believe I was flying through these extravagant areas meant to heard crowds all by myself.

Also, my I suggest waiting until they re-shoot/all together lose the stupid videos that play in the pods. The music is great, loosely themed around the sky/going higher, but there's a "host" who makes horrible jokes and puns who pops up on the screen occasionally. Everyone in the pod wished he'd just go away. On the way down they thought it'd be a good idea to have him host "Vegas Trivia" with horrible multiple choice questions where the 3 wrong answers were so ridiculous they couldn't be right even if you didn't actually know the answer in the first place. Nobody paid attention. Everybody was taking pictures, scanning the area, and so forth. It was a great ride but they've gotta work on that experience.

And no, leave me alone with the green screen photos when I can take as many as I want while in the pod and don't have to pay big bucks for your crappy graphics.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: high roller ferris wheel

Yes I was on this ferris wheel just the other day. I made a you tube video id you want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y51S_IBlZr8

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,847 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: high roller ferris wheel

DontLeave - thanks for posting your video. Just does not look like something I would be interested in doing even once. I would much rather ride to the top of the hotels and enjoy a cocktail while enjoying the view.

But, thanks again for posting the video.

Washington
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: high roller ferris wheel

Thank you for posting the youtube video that you made. You helped me come to a solid decision in that I most definitely am not missing out on anything now. That impulsive recording they made screws up the whole ride experience due to that yapping guy's voice along with the blaring & obnoxious music. And by the looks of things, "it appears" that I've experienced far more breathtaking, viewing experiences looking out from my private, Cosmo balcony (upper floor) room as opposed to being enclosed inside a steel ball/sphere for a 30 minute ride. Plus, The Bellagio's (Fountains) musical pieces are more relaxing &/or enjoyable as well.

placebets; you nailed it right on the head!

Edited: 27 April 2014, 21:17