We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Social Rewards

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Social Rewards

I have seen social rewards mentioned on this and other forums a few times. Could someone let me know what this is? Is it worth it and what can you get?

Thanks in advance

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Social Rewards

Just go to socialrewards.com and sign up. You earn points to spend at CET properties. For each 1000 points you can redeem then for $10. I've been playing for a couple weeks and have 2000, or $20. Each time I reach 1000 I redeem then and they're put on my TR card. We're going in 5 weeks so hope to have $30-40 worth. Hope this helps!

surrey,uk
Level Contributor
297 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Social Rewards

Hi WAFC91

I just started on Saturday for both me and my wife. I have redeemed 1000 points each so far and have 930 each in our account.

Took about 90 mins of watching vids etc.

So in a week we will have $40 ($20 each)

maybe worth it a little.

Good luck to Wigan in the play-offs!!!

surrey,uk
Level Contributor
297 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Social Rewards

only frustrating thing is after day 1 there isnt much earning potential.....

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Social Rewards

Thanks sjd1974

Can you only redeem a certain amount as we are only going next year? What type of things can you spend them on?

And how do I get a TR card?

Thanks

Edited: 28 April 2014, 15:24
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Social Rewards

I decided to sign up on Facebook and saw the notice that the company will have access to my Friends list etc if I do . I was not sure what to make of that , so I aborted sign up- Do they pester your friends with stuff?

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Social Rewards

Lulutoo - that is the whole point of social rewards. To share information socially and they give you points. I earned $20 worth of total rewards points in a month.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Social Rewards

But do I have control over which friends I share it with or do they bombard my entire friends list?

surrey,uk
Level Contributor
297 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Social Rewards

Lulotoo - i set my facebook posts for example so only me or selected friends/acquaintances can see it

WAFC91 - you get a TR card from totalrewards website - it gives you a TR number - when you get to Vegas next year, head to a TR booth and they will print a physical card. Will be worth you doing it - should be able to get quite a few $$$ by that point.

Good luck :)

Edited: 28 April 2014, 16:09
Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,384 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Social Rewards

Since I started doing this (18 months, I think), I have earned $310 in comps! DH started later than me & doesn't have enough twitter followers to connect (I keep prodding him to!!)--he has only been able to get $60 in comps...so have both!

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Social Rewards

Here's a good facebook group with a nice guide and support if you need help.

https:/…