We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Good gym on the strip?

Hi Ta,

Staying at the Bellagio next week, I was wondering where I could find a good gym, not a standard hotel gym with a treadmill and 20lb dumbbells, more of a full gym at any hotels or walking distance?

Thanks as always to anyone who replies.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good gym on the strip?

Las Vegas Athletic Clubs, has locations that you can get to via a short bus ride from the strip...The location on West Sahara is Open 24/7, and the SX (Sahara Express) bus also runs 24/7 ! Enjoy your Workout!

http://www.lvac.com/locations

www.rtcsnv.com/transit/routes-maps-schedules/

Edited: 28 April 2014, 17:29
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good gym on the strip?

Planet Fitness also has a few locations that you can get to via a short bus ride!

http://www.planetfitness.com/gyms/nv

Level Contributor
1,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good gym on the strip?

You may want a more full service gym but the fitness center at Bellagio is one of the better ones. Lots of equipment and free weights. I rate it number 2 with the fitness center at Venetian - right behind the fitness center at Aria. You might be surprised by the variety of options there.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good gym on the strip?

Thanks guys!

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good gym on the strip?

Be sure to check out the Bellagio gym before going elsewhere.

usa
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good gym on the strip?

Ninepays3to2, have you been to the Wynn fitness center, and if so how do you rate it?

Level Contributor
1,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good gym on the strip?

Wynn is good though not quite as thorough as the ones I mentioned in the previous post. A little on the smallish side. At times I have felt a little crowded there. But it is more than adequate with dumbbells, benches, foam rollers, stability balls, etc. I like Aria and Bellagio because they both have natural light whereas V/P and Wynn don't.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
645 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good gym on the strip?

I am not a fan of the Canyon Ranch gym / Venetian despite the attention they get - lots of cardio and weight machines, limited free weights - 1 rack, 2 benches, limited dumbbell size.

IMO - Aria is best "gym" in strip resorts - great environment and good equipment for a Las Vegas resort gym. Wynn and Caesars are close seconds. Still more focused on weight machines vs free weights.

Palazzo has a great small restaurant right outside the gym, before going out to the pool - forget the name, but food was worth going to the gym.

Worst = TheHotel - the gym is in a basement

9. Re: Good gym on the strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 07:15