We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

My fiance and I are marrying in Vegas October 2015. We are just waiting for flights to be released then we can book.

We are happy with the accommodation and chapel we have selected, however we are stuck as to where to hold the reception.

My partner wants an amazing venue, with either spectacular views or breath taking decor. And steak.

I am happy to go along with him, however I have got in mind a budget I would like to stick to. I also like the idea of an open bar for the guests (we are looking at around 30).

Can any one suggestion somewhere we can meet in the middle? I lovely place without a truly lavish price tag?

Thanks in advance!

:)

1. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 13:22
Edited: 30 April 2014, 13:22
2. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

3. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

Edited: 30 April 2014, 13:22
4. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

Hi!

Thanks Joan S for your response.

* your budget pp before alcohol, tax & tip >>> I am looking at around $60 maximum pp before alcohol, tax & tips.

the # of people, and if any children included >>> 29 adults, 1 12 year old

the date >>> ideally the wedding will be 10-28-15

the time >>> around 7pm/7.30pm

Things nice to know:

wedding location and hotel, how you are getting around >>> staying at Bellagio, wedding ceremony at Chapel of The Flowers

do you want to stay at/near our hotel

what's more important, location, "amazing" or the budget >>> I think somewhere a bit different would be the best call. So 'amazing' probably!

Thank you!

:)

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

I suggest you contact the wedding co-ordinator at Stratosphere- they have special wedding packages, and the view is unique

And, congratulations :)

Canada
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

The thing is, steakhouses are expensive in Las Vegas, with the filet being sold for over $40 without sides, which leaves little room for anything else. At Tier 1 locations such as Prime, Old Hampstead and Cut, your $60 will cover the filet and 1 side, especially if you want something special.

That said, $60 per person with steak is doable (I take $60 for appetizer and main), but not at the Tier 1 steakhouses. Add to this the view you're looking for and you get less and less options. In fact, the only option I believe exists which meets ALL of your criteria would be Binions' steakhouse, downtown. Prices are within your budget, view is great, food gets good reviews, and they will be very accomodating. Only issue is with the location as it is downtown and not on the Strip....

Of all these, I'd go with Binions, followed by Joe's. And I think Adelaide has a great idea. Contact wedding coordinators, they may be able to pull something for you guys....

Taking the view out of the equation but keeping the steak and the price, you have Joe's at forums Shop (Caesar's) with the Petit Filet under $40, a number of chain restaurants (eg Outback), probably the steakhouse at Luxor, and likely Center Cut at Flamingo.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 13:54
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

Unfortunately $60pp and amazing don't quite go together in Las Vegas. I do agree that you should look into Top of The World at the Stratosphere - it's only a little past your budget.

Contacts: stratospherehotel.com/Tower/…Private-dining

Examples: stratospherehotel.com/content/download/481/3…

Lanarkshire
Destination Expert
for Quarteira
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

I was going to suggest Mix but the numbers wouldnt work in my opinion so second best choice would be Stratosphere and Top of The World. I think they could potentially get you close to the numbers you are looking at.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing Vegas Restaurant needed for Wedding Reception

Unfortunately, I think your options are going to be quite limited with your budget. You can forget about tier 1 unless you're wanting to spend closer to $150/guest.

Posters are going off of the menu prices and when you book a place for a large group/reception, they're going to be charging you the prix fix prices and will want you to set a menu. The prix fix menu is going to be a bit more expensive than the regular menu for the same food. I know that sounds odd, but that's the way it is.

If you want to avoid this you can do a few things.

1. Rent a large suite at a nice resort and have the suite catered. Provide your own alcohol to the suite and spend the night in it after you're done. Much more private and social this way and you'll most likely get the view that you're dreaming of.

2. Reserve multiple tables and walk in like any other guests. You'll be sitting at separate tables anyways and you'll pay regular menu prices and everyone will have access to the regular menu... it will just be served like a regular meal and not like a reception where there's a bunch of milling around and chatting.

3. Bite the bullet and increase your budget dramatically, reduce the number of people involved, or start thinking of budget friendly options like bars rather than restaurants.