We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Had a brilliant trip,helped by the invaluable contributions from this site,so it is the least I can do to post my report and hope it helps people planning a trip!! It is a wonderful place to visit,and has to be on anybody's wish list,it should be on prescription!!

I went with my GF and proposed whilst I was there(she said yes!!) and was a memorable trip for everything else we did and saw too. I intend to put as much detail in as possible so I hope I don't bore you all too much!!I will post as replies

Bishop Auckland
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Look forward to hearing all about it and picking up any tips as we are going in 3 weeks. Congratulations!

Boston...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

oooh you had me at 'proposed' - congrats!

looking forward to your TR

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Day 1 - We set off for Manchester Airport on Good Friday,nervous excitement about the holiday and also I was planning to propose whilst in Vegas too.My GF had no idea so I was hoping the surprise wouldn't be too much!! Just a bit of background.I am 49 and my GF 47 and this trip was part of my 50th birthday celebrations this year.

We booked the airport lounge (Escape) for the first time and it was great.Not too busy, only 1 bacon or sausage butty allowed each,but plenty of croissants,toast,fruit, yoghurt available plus ice cold bottles of Carlsberg,soft drinks and tea,coffee and spirits too!!We certainly had our £35 worth out of it!

After a couple of hours we went to the Gate to board.My gf was chosen as a random security check along with 3 others. You can imagine my expression when she boarded the plane to tell me that one of the guys chosen too was going to propose to his gf whilst in Vegas!! How strange and not the last coincidence as you will discover!!

We flew Thomas Cook,and despite some reservations having read some reviews, had a great flight.The leg room was enough and the meal was of a good quality.The entertainment was good too, a choice of 4 films which could all be viewed at different times during the flight.

We arrived on time and incredibly excited,gf had never been to USA before.I had been to Vegas but over 15 years ago so couldn't wait too.After a queue at Customs we walked through to the waiting area and I had my first surprise lined up, a Limo from Presidential to start our holiday in style!! My gf was impressed especially with the champagne en route!! I booked their web special and was impressed with how easy everything was to book and the service was second to none.The driver Marvin was excellent, helped with our bags and before long we were at our chosen hotel,the Monte Carlo.

I had booked a package with Thomas Cook back in September,and was a little worried having read some of the reviews about Monte Carlo,but they were unfounded.We got a 9th floor pool view room,and although probably basic by Vegas standards,it was fine for us. The only drawback was no fridge,but the bathroom was huge with a shower and bath.When I booked I was told no resort fees they were in with the price, and TC were spot on,we still had the bottles of water and the small coffee machine was a nice touch too.

After quickly unpacking,we were there out on the strip at last!!

We decided to have a walk down to the Quad,have a meal at Hash House ( 2 for 1 if logged on Facebook and printed off coupon thanks Trip Advisor!) and then as it went dark to do the Linq high roller wheel.

Hash House was brilliant,the portions are indeed enormous and the service was spot on.$28 with the 2 for 1, great value.

As it was still light,we called in the Blvd Drink House for a beer and listened to some live music, $14 for 2 beers pricey but nice bar and good country music.

We got our tickets and just as it went dark took our place on the Linq.The view is stunning as it makes the half hour revolution.The cost was $73 after tax and imo worth every penny.

We then walked back to the MC and did a bit of gambling roulette and slots,a couple of drinks (no problem finding a cocktail waitress in MC) and then after a $50 loss decided to call it a night at ten thirty,shattered,excited and a bit tipsy!! Roll on Day 2!!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Can't wait to hear the rest of it and how the proposal went!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
513 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Hurry!

With my nose in a...
Level Contributor
775 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Looking forward to the rest!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Congrats! Can't wait for the rest

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Thanks for sharing Alex, looking forward to the rest.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report April 18th to 25th

Thanks for the report makes great reading we are going with Thomas cook from manchester next Sunday ,when's the wedding .