We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Glasgow
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Hi guys,

I have booked Vegas for the Mrs 30th this coming November. Looking for some ideas of things to do, places to go, where to buy tickets etc. Obvs the cheaper I can get things the better.

We will be heading out on the 5th of November, is there likely to be anything on for Guy Fawkes I know this is more of a UK think but would be interested if there was a fireworks display.

I have been to Vegas before but I mostly played poker, gambled and got drunk with the boys. This time round I want to enjoy it and experience more what Vegas has to offer. Things we would like to do and I am open to suggestions if they are not upto much and happy to replace.

Limo service from airport to hotel - have read a few a few people on here suggest Presidential Limos?

Grand Canyon by helicopter and lunch - who would you reccomend?

Shows, I think we'd like to see at least one Cirque, MJ and Terry Fator.

Open to suggestions for good eateries also.

We will be staying in Aria for 9 nights.

Also were would we hang about for pubs/bars/lounges with a bit of entertainement?

If anyone can point me in the direction of some decent discount codes/vouchers either post on here or can e-mail me direct sicrw @ hotmail.com (obvs without the spaces)

Thanks in advance.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

I will be leaving on the 5th. It starts getting pretty crowded then for the annual SEMA car convention.

For coupons Vegas4locals.com ( not just for locals)

For bars with entertainment:

Bourbon street lounge at the Orleans

The Lounge at Excalibur

The VP bar at Paris

Indigo at Ballys

Oasis at Stratosphere

Roxys at Sam's town

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

I think Indigo is closed. I have never heard of Oasis but Level 107 at Stratosphere has a great daily happy hour.

Aria is a nice hotel. Lots of good places to eat nearby. 550 is great for a slice of pizza, I love Holstein's at Cosmo for a burger, breakfast at Mon Ami at Paris out on the patio, Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris was fantastic. There are some new places at Monte Carlo also.

I really want to see the MJ show--you could go to Mix for a drink before or after (view of the strip) and you could have dinner at Charlie Palmer and get the Cut of the Week--supposed to be a great deal.

Definitely do the Presidential Limo. If you have time, they can take you to the Vegas sign for pics.

Since you have 9 nights, the GC is definitely doable but others will know more about which tour to do.

Lounges: If you like jazz and don't mind paying a little more for drinks, the Mandarin Bar on Sunday nights has live jazz and makes for a nice evening.

I would just take your wife sightseeing during the day and show her all the hotels, maybe go downtown one night. Check smartervegas.com and Travelzoo for show deals.

3. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 11:46
Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
29 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

We always use Presidential Limos and they are efficient, professional and very dependable. Will be using them again next Monday.....wahoo! You won't be disappointed.

Also, the other suggestions regarding restaurants, shows,etc. are right on the mark.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Thanks for the replies so far guys. If anyone has anything to add fire away. Definitely open to suggestions.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Hi there, my husband and I are heading to vegas for my 30th in June (also from glasgow) we are staying at the aria and have booked both MJ cirque show and helicopter Grand Canyon trip via viator.com - happy to update u when we return with all info on hotel and trips .. This forum is great for info I've been saving suggestions to my phone on a daily basis

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Just an FYI.

Indigo lounge was closed but reopened in March. Looked very nice.

The Oasis bar is in the very back of Stratosphere near the buffet. They don't advertise it much but it's on their web site.

Have fun !

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Keep an eye on travelzoo and groupon nearer the time for good food and spa deals.

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

Another vote for Presidential Limo, we took the airport special for $130 - collection and return, plus a bottle of "champagne" on arrival - great service.

I recommend SW Steakhouse at The Wynn for a special meal in a great setting, request a table outside by the lake - beautiful.

We enjoyed the vibe at Rumbar at The Mirage for a cocktail / beer at any time of the day / eve.

We found some great offers through Viator, bought our show tickets before heading out to Vegas, make sure you take photo ID to the venue as they need this to supply the tickets.

We also took a helicopter tour to Grand Canyon, used Sunset tours, good service with limo pick up from your hotel included.

Hope this helps, have a great trip - ENJOY.

10. Re: Mrs 30th Trip November 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:17