We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning for March 2015

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
294 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Planning for March 2015

Hi there

I'm one of those super organised people who always book their holidays way in advance, we are looking to go to Vegas next March around the 6th for six or seven nights there will be four adults. Prices from BA and VA are around the £680 price, don't know if this is good or not really. Also I have been looking at NYNY and that's coming in around £450 again is this is a good price? . BA have a package online now for direct flights and staying at Planet Hollywood for £1580 per couple I think that's a good price??? I have been told to hold out and book everything last minute but I don't think I will be able to stand the suspense lol. Wondered what your opinions were, thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning for March 2015

£680 for BA flights from London is good if they are direct. I got flights with Delta for £580 and when I booked Air Canada was the same price but they both require changes. If I were you (i also like to book well in advance) i would book the BA flight now. The only thing you might want to consider is that BA have their sale in Dec/Jan time for travel Jan-April so its possible you could get a better deal, but its unlikely to be a substantial saving so for peace of mind you might want to book now.

As for hotels - are you set on NYNY? Check out Trivago as it will show where you can get the best price for each hotel.

In my opinion £1500 for 2 for a week is a great price.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning for March 2015

Hi, I'm exactly the same as you, I'm thinking of going next March but the week after you and I'm not sure wether to book now or wait. I've signed up to Secret Escapes and I've been told Travel bag is a good travel company so I think I'm just going to keep checking and see if any bargains come up. Your price that you have quoted seems really good, mine as a package have came in around £2000 per couple for the likes of Aria, Cosmopolitan and a bit dearer for Bellagio.

Hopefully a few people comment as I would be very interested to see what they say.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning for March 2015

Theres a Virgin flight from Gatwick on March 7th for a week for £693 as well

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning for March 2015

1. You are planning well ahead of time!

2. Is this your first visit to Las Vegas?

3. Have you given consideration to your preferred hotel?

4. I suspect that you have a balancing act between the likelihood of air fares increasing, and hotel prices falling between one and next year. But I also suspect making last minute reservations could be costly!

Bon voyage!

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning for March 2015

I would say that the £680 in my experience is a good price for BA and £1580 is a great price to include PH as well. BA normally have a sale on end of December but im not sure it would be much cheaper than what you have there truth be told.......as long as.......it is Direct flights.

If its not direct flights then not so good price.

Ive never stayed at PH but like going into it. Quite a hip hotel and does attract a younger crowd so that may be a consideration.

If you think that price is good, you are happy to pay it, then i would book it. One thing to note and check is that sometimes BA include resort fees and sometimes they dont. If this includes resort fees then its an even better deal again. IF not then budget for about $175 at checkout.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
294 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning for March 2015

Many thanks for your quick replies. It's our second visit to Vegas first time was last march. Again we had booked ages in advance but that was more of a tour round. I am torn between flight prices shooting up and the availability of hotel choice for March as I have read there are a few conferences I town. On another site I have been told that VA do flash sales in June, so I don't know if I should wait for that. Regarding hotels I've also been told to leave till about three months out to get the deals, I'm not too fussed about getting great prices for bellagio etc, I really wanted opinions on prices I should expect to pay for six nights and flights around my dates. Many thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
294 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning for March 2015

Just found prices on VA m&m Eco. Going PE return for £1480, this is tempting too. I could then look for a bargain hotel for the week what's your opinions.

By the way econ both ways is £1280 !!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning for March 2015

I think you should book the flights now and keep an eye on hotel prices and book the hotel in the autumn.

How tight is your budget? Flight prices might fluctuate a bit and you might be able to save yourself £50-£100 by booking in a sale, but equally there are times of year when its common to have to pay over £850 for a direct flight, personally i wouldnt risk it.

Looking on Trivago, you can get planet hollywood, excalibur, harrahs, and Luxor for less than £50 per night. Youre unlikely to get these for much less by waiting.

On the other hand hotels like mirage, aria, vdara, mandalay bay are all currently showing over £100 per night in your week in march and i would say these are likely to come down in price to an average of £80 per night.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,939 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning for March 2015

Economics 101:

Right now you want to buy the room a lot more than the hotels need to sell it. This is called a Sellers Market, and pretty much guarantees high prices. At some point the hotel will need to sell these rooms and lower the prices, but this won't be for a while yet.

Because of this, if you look now you will find that some 3rd parties (which have locked in future rates) will have lower rates than booking directly with the hotels, but at some point this will change, as the hotels lower rates and the 3rd parties do not.

Obviously airfare has a lot more variables, and is more difficult to predict. When you find a rate you like I would recommend booking your flights. Everything else can, and should wait.

Of course, you may prefer to pay a higher rate just to have the matter settled in advance, which is your choice. But you asked, so that's my opinion.

BTW: I will probably book our October trip in June. If we take a March trip this will be booked in December. This is due to airfare sales, the hotel rerservations will wait.

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning for March 2015

Re the hotel, I agree that u get better deals as u get closer however just to clarify, planet Hollywood on the above rate is working out at $50 a night for 7 nights which IMO you won't beat. I'm not sure I understand your PEC prices.

If they are a total of £200 between u return then snap them up in my opinion.