We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

Springfield...
14 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions

First, I apologize... I know this type of question has been asked 10 times over and then some, and I have waded through previous posts, but there's just so much information out there!!!

DH and I are headed to Vegas May 18-23 for our one-year anniversary... staying at Luxor... looking to try to plan out some of our dining options ahead of time...

We both love food... (DH tends to stick to American / basics [steak, seafood, burgers, pizza], but has started venturing out... I, on the other hand, am game for just about anything [though I'm particularly fond of sushi, seafood, and steak])

We're budgeting for one "big" splurge (total bill with tip in the $200-$250 range, though if we can keep it under $200, that would be preferable)... probably somewhere with steak and seafood... and we'd like to plan for a couple of mid-range meals (which for us, is around $100-$125) and then of course the cheaper stuff... (I'd like to throw in a sushi place because it's my fav food)

DH was thinking GR Steak for our splurge (more so because we watch a lot of his shows), but I've read such mixed reviews that I'm hesitant... I was thinking maybe Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak, and Stone Crab because I've heard great things about the steak AND the seafood...

I was hoping to get some suggestions both for our splurge and our mid-range... closer to where we're staying would be great, but isn't a "make or break" as we'll be doing plenty of walking and exploring and plan to take in shows throughout the Strip...

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 06 May 2014, 18:25
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Gordon Ramsay Steak is excellent. A good pick for a splurge/special occasion. I'd mention that when making your reservation too. You might check out Mesa Grill at Ceasars too. Very good food.

I really enjoyed China Poblano at Cosmopolitan and Dal Toro at Palazzo.

Springfield...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Oh!! Also - complete other end of the dining spectrum, any great places near Luxor for breakfast?? I'm not a breakfast person (though I love Eggs Benedict)... but DH absolutely MUST have breakfast... he loves omelettes (lots of veggies, no cheese) and potatoes and oatmeal (he's a creature of habit)... and a good Bloody Mary!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
399 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

if you're up for a lunch suggestion, I endorse the lunch special at Milos in the Cosmopolitan ($22.14 per person for 3 courses, plus you can add on wine pairings if you wish). Especially since you indicate you both like seafood, the Mediterranean bass is absolutely wonderful. Can't give any advice on a dinner splurge because I'm a cheapskate!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Take a look at the Parallel tasting Menu at Aureole for your expensive meal. You should be able to get out well under $250 with a careful choice of wine. No steak in that right now however...

Not surprisingly, sushi is expensive in the middle of the desert. Sushi Roku in the Forum Shops is very good and not ridiculous price wise. Bar Masa is said to be excellent but I've not eaten there yet.

Be sure to check out Happy Hours for deals at many places - you won't always want full meals: …eater.com/archives/2014/03/28/updated-ultim…

Boulder
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I 've heard great things about Border Grill at the Manadalay Bay for brunch the Sunday(?) you get there? It's next door to where you're at, and at $35 (I think?) for as many small plates as you care to eat ...all cooked to order.bottomless mimosas for and extra $10. Sounds like a real bargain...

The menu for brunch there is loaded with really interesting sounding egg dishes. (We're going to try it the next time we are in Las Vegas if we can...)

Edited: 06 May 2014, 18:59
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

If you want to spend some time Downtown, have dinner at Hugo's Cellar.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

suenoo-love your cheapskate remark-I too am a cheapskate and DH and I do not ever spend alot on food in Vegas.This next trip we are traveling with daughters and their spouses (who think nothing of spending $200 for a meal) 41, 40, 39, 28 and a granddaughter/her boyfriend 21 and 23 y.o.- who we are paying for a large percentage of as it is for her 21st b'day and his college graduation, however I won't throw down $300-$400 for a meal for two couples!). So hopefully we can find a nice middle ground restaurant with good food.I have actually heard that the Circus Circus steakhouse is very good-any opinions? Or may try Binions downtown or The Flame at El Cortez.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 19:33
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
520 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Another Vote for Gordan Ramsey, best steak I've probably ever had.

Illinois
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

If you are adventurous and hubby is more of a steak and potato kind of guy I would reccomend Tender at Luxor. Lots of different game meats as well as the standard fare. At there last year and had the wild game tasting plate and it was wonderful. Already have reservations to go back in June with my more timid eating wife.

La Verne, California
Level Contributor
573 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris is our favorite. It's a mid price maybe $125 for a shared app, dinner, glass of wine each. Breakfast there is outstanding as well. http://www.monamigabi.com/home/?loc= We liked Holstiens in the Cosmo for a good burger and grown up (booze added) shake.