We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

London, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

I have tickets booked for Zumanity on my trip to Vegas but wanted to see another Cirque show as well. Which one would you recommend that is completely different to Zumanity?

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

Probably every other Cirque show is very different to Zumanity.

If you haven't seen Cirque before I would think Mystere____O____or Love would be good to choose from.

London, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

Whats zukana like?

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

I always recommend seeing Mystere first as it the most classic Cirque du Soleil show. If you like that one, then start seeing the others. I'm seeing Zarkana on my trip in May (thank you MyVegas!).

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

Any reason you want "another" Cirque show? Maybe see a headliner or comedy show ?? Just wondering

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

we enjoyed zarkana, we were 30 minutes late because we got the times messed up but we loved it.

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

If you want something entirely different, I'd highly recommend Absinthe. By far my favorite show.

Colchester Essex
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

May I ask Ktrue, did you pre purchase or when you arrived in Las Vegas as my son is looking to see Zarkana ?

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I say another Cirque show is because we are planning on seeing 4 shows when we are there. Zumanity is booked through MyVegas and Matt Goss is someone we'd like to see. Possibly Carrot Top as the third show (but flexible so not booking until late on). As it sounds like Zumanity is good but not really the best example of Cirque we thought we'd try to see another Cirque show as well.

Now I could use MyVegas points to see Love, Zarkana or KA but I'm not restricting myself if something else is a better fit. So that's why I wanted opinions on what would be on the other end of the Cirque scale to Zumanity.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

Zarkana is the one that would fall into the more classic Cirque shows. Very strange to follow along with some good acrobatics. The show I think was based on toys but it was quite screwed up and I was quite drunk.

Zumanity has very little "Cirque" in it, and is the fairly tame sexual Cirque show. No real high flying wow factors, more about seeing 2 topless girls swimming in a tiny see through glass wine glass??

Ka was my favorite of the 3. Its the one with a follow able story line, and martial arts. Some people love it, and some hate it. I hear it has gone CGI in some parts after the death a few years ago, so it might not be as good as it was when I saw it.

Love, well is a show with a lot of Beetles music, and there is no chance I would go to that one, so I can't comment. If your a beetles fan, it would probably be one to look into.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Cirque du Soleil show to compliment Zumanity

I agree that Zumanity isn't like most of the other Cirque shows (I liked it quite a lot though) and there are many that offer a good contrast. My favorite remains O. I'm going to MJOne next month, and haven't seen Love. I have enjoyed Ka, La Reve (I know, not a Cirque show, but who can tell), and Zarkana, but put O on top.