We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas....then where!?!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maghera, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas....then where!?!

Hello all you TA world travellers.

So, I am planning to go to Las Vegas for 2 weeks in Novermber 2014. I want to make a road trip after spending about 3 nights in Las Vegas. I havent a clue weither to go North or head South....what would you all recommend. I like Country side, fields, farms, mountains as well as the odd beach here and there. Something to do and see would be very much appreciated. Dont mind driving but max 6 hours per day.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

Look into Sedona Arizona. You'll love it.

Maghera, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

Thanks so much for your help! Looks like a great spot! Can I ask...how Long would you recommend staying there???

Edited: 10 May 2014, 15:40
Canada
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

Hiking-centered road trip: Utah, Arizona and the desert

Rent a car from Las Vegas. drive 3 hours to Zion national park, stay there at least 3 nights. Then head towards Bryce national park and stay at least 2 nights. Then head towards Page (1 night), then Grand Canyon (2 nights), then Phoenix then home.

Mountain road trip:

From Las Vegas, fly to Fresno. Rent a car in Fresno and head to Sequoia national park for at least 3 nights. Then drive to Yosemite national park for 3 nights, then drive to San Francisco for for 3 nights then fly back home

Big cities and Big Sur:

From Las Vegas, fly to San Franciso, rent a car and drive the Highway 1. Take 5 days to arrive to Los Angeles, spending time in Monterey or Carmel.

Of the three, the least interesting in my book is San Fran to LA. The other two will provide you with sights you never thought existed.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 16:42
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

I would stay in Sedona 3 days. It's really worth it. It's a natural wonder. Great hiking, an interesting town with a convergence of artists, naturalists, new agers, some good restaurants and interesting shopping.

It's an easy drive from Vegas and if you haven't experienced desert environments before, it's fascinating. Also, there are really good accommodation options at all price points from budget to resort.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

Different strokes for different folks.... I found Sedona cheap, tacky and wayyyy too commercial. The sightings were fine but its was like Vegas for new age folks....

it all depends on what you want, really. just do your research and make sure you know what you'll be getting into.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

We really enjoyed San Diego. Lots to do and beach as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

Los Angeles is another option to consider....

8. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 00:03
Charleville, Ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

If you're suggesting you have 11 days or so I would do the following in order to see as many different environments as possible;

from LV to Death Valley 1 day including travel

(would have said Yosemite ideally but maybe not in November depending on weather but if so 2 days)

Pacific Coast to include at least Santa Monica and quick pop to Hollywood/Sunset Boulevard 2 days

Joshua Tree National Park 1 day

Sedona 2 days

Grand Canyon 2

Hoover Dam on way back to LV

10. Re: Las Vegas....then where!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 00:02