We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy in advance?

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Buy in advance?

Hi,

Other than buying show or event tickets in advance, is there any benefit to waiting until we get to Vegas to buy, other than guaranteeing your seat or place.

Would you save any cash? Do you get tickets cheaper on the night?

Cheers

Colin

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,537 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy in advance?

It comes down to whether you have a must see show or whether you are flexible and whether time or money is more important to you.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy in advance?

The best and hottest shows won't have tickets available at all at the ticket booths. Ordering in advance and being able to select your seats makes all the sense in the world.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy in advance?

Thanks everyone

Canada
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy in advance?

You can in fact get great specials waiting at the last minute but in most cases, these will never be for top shows.

As for the reduced tickets, it's a waste of time IMO as you have to get there very early to get any choice, waste hours waiting for the booth to open to find the reduction for the show you want to see is 20%, and 50% for the shows you don't care about.

Visit smartervegas . com and click on "shows" on the light green bar. You'll have access to reductions for most shows, although maybe not for your dates...

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy in advance?

Sorry to jump in on the thread but would this be the same principle for booking trips ? we will be doing south canyon, balloon over strip, gun shooting etc,I have seen some sites to pre book but is it cheaper to do once there ?

we got our shows via myvegas so they are already done and booked

Thank you

Canada
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy in advance?

To visit the south rim of the GC, you have to either go by car / bus or by plane. Right now, Viator is promoting $75 by bus. The whole thing will last 15+ hours, with about 3 hours top at the GC itself. Yes it's far from Las Vegas. There is the option of the west rim, but I never visited that rim so cannot really comment.

Balloon over the Strip? never heard of that one. I know there are helicopter tours, though... In any case, there is always a special going on and the businesses operating these have offices on the Strip - one is in front of the Fachion Show Mall. I say wait and negotiate heavy discounts. Remember, they need your money more than you need the ride!

As for gun shooting, there are 3-4 ranges in town so no need to reserve unless you get a great discount.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buy in advance?

Thats great thanks,

We know it will be a long day tothe canyon but i have read if your going to do it then its best to do south the best deal we can find is via papillon which includes helicopter flight.

The balloon ride we have seen on viator so will prob book before we go if as you say it isn't so well known so may struggle to book it when there.

Thank you

Canada
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buy in advance?

"then its best to do south the best deal we can find is via papillon which includes helicopter flight."

Check again. I understand that helicopters cannot fly to the South Rim, only planes.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 13:51
north yorkshire
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buy in advance?

no its bus to the south and then helicopter added on once there

10. Re: Buy in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:17