We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

N B
Gilroy, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

Hi all,

We are going to Vegas in a few weeks and would like to do some horse back riding. I'd like to hear from someone who has actually tried out any of the places with in 45 minutes of the strip. We would be happy with a 60 minute tour, or longer. I've looked up and googled plenty of places but I would like to hear from those who have actually done it.

Thanks for the info.

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Maverick Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Red Electric Bike Tours
Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

I've asked this question as well and haven't gotten much response in the past either. I guess this forum for people more interested in the Las Vegas strip more than activities in the surrounding area as well.

I also want to do horseback riding when we go in late June, but it might be way too hot, I don't know. I've found Cowboy Trail Rides, which I like but the shorter rides that we prefer to do are in mid-day and it again might be too hot? Also found Sagebrush Ranch, but I don't know what their reputation is? I've heard various things. It seems they are doing the horseback rides that used to be at Mt. Charleston, but there are no trail rides there right now. So I am posting in hopes that someone will see this and reply.

uk
Level Contributor
81 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

We did the Maverick horse back tour at Bonnie Springs which was excellent. It's very basic so if you're an experienced rider you might be a little bored but if you just want to sit on a horse and trot through some really beautiful scenery with some entertaining guides/wranglers then it's great fun.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

If you Google "horseback riding in las vegas", you'll get lots of hits. I haven't been to any of them so absolutely cannot vouch for how good they are or, more to the point, how good they are to their horses (a priority for me), so you'll have to research that yourself but at least Google will give you a place to start.

As for riding in late June, unless you go very early in the morning, it's likely to be way too hot for you or the horse. Here's a link to a website that shows average temperatures in the region - http://www.vegas.com/weather/averages.html

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

I saw this post but did not respond because it is too darn hot to be riding in June. Maybe not for you, but for the horses.

5. Re: Anyone know a good horse back riding place near Las Vegas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16