We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Fox" Rent a Car Company

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
"Fox" Rent a Car Company

We're planning to rent a car from LAS, stay 5 days in Vegas, drive to LA and stay 4 days, and then return it to Burbank airport. Has anyone used Fox Rent A Car company? Did you have any issues? They seem to have the cheapest rates by quite a bit.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

You get what you pay for...just saying.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

Numerous existing posts about these scammers. If they taped $100 bills to the steering wheel I still wouldn't take one of their cars.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

Here is a discussion about Fox rental cars.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k456005…

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

Thanks for all the help. After reading your replies, previous discussions on TA, and google reviews, I'm paying more $ with another company and not risk any headaches. Thanks again.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

You'll find bad reviews of this "other" company too. So just don't read them. Most car reviews are worthless anyway.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

I realize my reply above isn't specific. Here's what happened. First you have to take two shuttles. One to the rental car facility then a second LOONG ride to their facility way south of the strip. 4.4 miles south of Mandalay Bay, to be specific. Their lot is gravel and their facilities are a couple of those temporary office trailers. The rental process was very slow and staff not too happy. But we eventually got a car and went on our way. When we returned it (you have to plan for the extra time for the double shuttle) the claimed there was damage. Indeed, there was something. Looked like someone has put their hand on the hood and pressed down or something. Difficult to even see, unless you looked at it at exactly the right direction. Which somehow they knew to do. I have no idea how this happened and suspect it may have been there when we took the car. But I supposed it could have happened in some parking garage. So, big hassle with forms. Of course at this point we're getting nervous about missing the plane. But gave them the info and flew home. They did make an insurance claim, which was handled by my regular insurance. We have a rider that covers rental car damage. I think is about $15 a year, so certainly do this over paying any rental car agencies exorbitant fees for CDW. It took about six months to fully resolve this. Dozens of phone calls. In the end State Farm paid for the claimed damages but wouldn't cover the "loss of use" or "admin fee". My credit card claimed to have some protection, but wouldn't pay the admin fee. They wanted a fleet utilization log before they would cover the loss of use. Loss of use is the claim rental car companies make because they missed out on renting a car because this one was in the shop. Its complete BS. They ended up waiving that if I paid the admin fee, which was $50.

My savings over a real rental car company was $3 per day. Which is exactly the airport concession fee companies at the airport facility have to pay to the airport. They were entirely eaten up by the $50, not even considering all the hassle and stress.

I've rented cars dozens of times all over the country, Europe and India (though these come with drivers.) There have been several times when I thought something had happened and was worried they would make a claim. But never happened. No hassles. No double shuttles and, for the most part, no surly employees. Yes, other companies do get bad reviews, too. But Fox and others of this ilk get a LOT of bad reviews. Beware.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

I have rented from Fox in Vegas 5 times and have never had a problem. The cars do have a bit more miles on them and are not brand new but when you save 20-30% on the rental, I can handle a 2 year old car with 30,000 miles on it. Also, the double shuttle ride is not a big deal. It is maybe a 3 mile ride so it takes 10 minutes extra at most. I will rent from them again if they save me money

fredericton nb...
Level Contributor
53 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

I rented from Fox last year with no problems what so ever. I pre-booked from home a few weeks prior and didn't need to pay. It is off site from airport which we knew. Shuttle was great, arrived and they had my reservation and everything went without a hitch.

9. Re: "Fox" Rent a Car Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:22