We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

Hi,

As anyone has any experience with one or both of these hotels? We are now after self contained accommodation with kitchen (for breakfast at least) and two bedrooms to accommodate family of five. Both are similar prices for two bedder... Tahiti is south side of strip, Hilton north side.

I'm wondering which one would the kids love more?

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,686 posts
1,329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

I would stay at MGM Signature, Vdara, Hilton Elara or Jockey Club (budget friendly choice in an exceptional location) instead of the properties you have nominated. All of these are self catering

Why? The properties you have nominated are both quite remote from the main Strip area

The best choice would be Signature as it offers access to the expansive MGM pool area- likely to be attractive to children, as well as being closer to the child friendly attractions at Excalibur and NYNY

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

I've only stayed at TV. The two bedroom is very nice and large and the pool and common areas are very nice. I'm sure you're children will enjoy it. There is an outlet mall across the street as well. Downside - as above poster said, it is way south of the main strip. They offer shuttle service but you spend lots of time watching the clock and waiting on shuttles. If you are renting a car, this really isn't a problem. I also agree with Signature if it fits in your budget. The kids will love the MGM pools and it is in a good location if you will be spending a lot of time on the strip. Don't expect the same size suite as TV and HGV though.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

You can throw Marriott Grand Chateau on that list as well. It's less than a block from Las Vegas Boulevard, on Harmon Ave.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

Great thanks guys will look at above... I did look at Elara and it was double the price of the two I mentioned but will look at the others mentioned especially MGM property

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

Tahiti is not south side of the strip. It is a couple miles SOUTH of the strip. Marriott Chateau is probably your best located but their valet parking is a bit of a nightmare.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,179 posts
5,167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

We like Tahiti Village - large living rooms, nice kitchen, nice bedroom, and patio area (or balcony if higher floor than floor 1). The shuttle runs reliably and can always find a place to park - albeit sometimes its in the 2nd or 3rd floor of the parking structure. The swimming pool area is nice; the 24 hour jacuzzi is perfect; and the extra activities are nice. If you do not feel like cooking breakfast, denny's is inexpensive with their 2 - 4- 6 8 dollar menu and is walkable distance. The furnishing is a bit older but in good condition and comfortable. - i.e. its comfortable not trendy. We like Tahiti Village as its close enough to the strip, but far enough away to have a very relaxing time by the pool.

They also do tours to Red Rock Canyon and Fremont Street once a week - different days, but it makes it nice if you do not want to drive. Shuttle drivers are pleasant.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 05:04
Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

timeshare properties are not resorts or hotels in the US and thats why the locations are less than desireable. Pick one close to the places you want to be, so you spend less time traveling to and from and not site seeing.

8. Re: Tahiti Village v Hilton Grand Vacations Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:17