We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

We are a couple from UK. Flying to Vegas in August for a 10 days holiday. I checked for renting a car with Sixt. They had a Toyota suv4X for $18 a day. I thought it was a great bargain and booked for this car.

Now I'm scared to death that it was too cheap to be true. Maybe i'm just too obsessed with scams and hidden clauses and things like that....

Do you think they are reliable?

Anyone has had experience with them? Especially with booking online.

Thank you!

Giulia

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Search this forum for other threads related to Sixt. The thread I read last week seemed to indicate that they were a European company with a solid reputation and happy customers in Las Vegas.

chicago
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Go for it. I have rented from them overseas and saw that they were now in US. I don't think you will have any problems but to ease your mind I would reserve a car at another "trusted" source. Worst case if something snags with the Sixt rental you will have plan B. This is not always a bad idea whoever you rent from in case someone is out of cars or tries to stick you with something you do not want. Remember that there will be a load of taxes on this rental but that is a great deal for sure. Good luck.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

I did comment about Sixt on that thread mentioned above.

Sixt is a major European rental car company but a very little fish in the US market. I think they are trying to expand though and compete with Dollar, Alamo, Hertz etc. The Sixt UK head office is actually in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

I only rented with them once as they were the cheapest and this was from Miami airport. The mid size car I had was pretty new.

If you booked through a reputable site then I shouldn't worry about it. I used Tripwheels to book mine with Sixt.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 13:19
Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Thank you guys!

Yeah i also have read other revies and people seemt o be quite happy with it. I just wanted to have some furtehr confirmation maybe more recent.

>> Remember that there will be a load of taxes on this rental but that is a great deal for sure. Good luck.

Does it means they will ask us to pay extra fees for the taxes when we'll get there to pick the car?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Giulia did you book through the website?

chicago
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Rental car taxes are nuts in LAS.

Here is a Hertz one week rental example:

165.49 USD Per Week

(242.48 Approx. Tot.)

So you see you are looking at approx 40% tax.

This should be clear if you rented from Sixt site. If you booked

and paid from third party they may be included. Just be sure so you don't have any surprises.

We always used to get a RC in LV but at the end of the day the taxes made the cost prohibitive for car when it really wasn't needed.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Regardless of the fees that will get tacked on, $18 a day is a good base rate. If the company's reputable, it's a good deal.

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

But In the summary of my reservation there is a table showing that the global price includes all the expenses (rental days, airport transport fees, county surcharge, concess recoup, Governmental services fees) and this has been taxed with a local tax of 8,10%.

There will be extra taxes then?

And yes Cat, I booked on line......why you ask? (your question scares me a bit.... :) )

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,834 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

If you booked direct with Sixt- all the taxes are included in the quote.

Relax. Booking on-line is the best and only way to book a car.

Rental cars are cheap at LAS, regardless of and including taxes and fees.

London, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too cheap to Be true? > Just rent a Car with Sixt in vegas

Did you book on a UK site?

You may not have collision damage waiver etc if not, so may have extra insurance costs involved.