We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

We (group of 8) will be celebrating my birthday in early June. Looking for recommendations on which steakhouse to have dinner on a Monday night. We would like to visit a lounge or nightclub afterwards. I've narrowed the choices down to the above locations (but open to other ideas) Would like recommendations on which has the better service, atmosphere and food. We are staying at Paris.

Thank You!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

I have eaten at Gordon Ramsay and N9NE. While both were great, neither place is very quiet so conversation between 8 people might be difficult. However, these were 2 of the best meals I have ever had, it's truly a toss up as to which was better (although I didn't get a steak at N9NE). Both had wonderful desserts, with the edge to GRS. I have to give the edge to N9NE for service. When we ate at N9NE (for my sister's 30th), we went to Ghostbar afterwards which was really fun. N9NE has a nice lounge/bar area as well--I think I would give that the edge over GRS as well, although GRS does have a bar. GRS would be convenient since you're already at Paris and I would say it's slightly quieter than N9NE (N9NE was really loud, and so was the one here in Dallas when it was open). Either of these would be great.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 23:27
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

While I really like STK, I think it will be too loud for a group that size unless that is what you want. There will be a lot of people having their pre-game meal there prior to industry night at Marquee - which, when we have gone, is a great time! If you go to spyonvegas.com tomorrow (Tuesday), you can probably see pictures of STK from this evening. Might give you and idea of what to expect - minus the volume.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 23:39
Michigan
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

Just did six at N9NE last Monday meal and service was top notch!

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

It looks like I can't go wrong with any of these options. Our group can be pretty loud so we will fit right in! I'll have to decide where we will end the night which will determine where we will eat.

Thank you for your help!

London
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

If you want a party then hit STK followed by Marquee at the Cosmo. One of the best Monday night clubs.

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

STK after 7:30 - 8:00 can get ridiculously loud. It is a great place to eat we just do it before the DJ/Music starts.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

Grs is not great for groups. We had 6 last month and they tried to seat us upstairs in an annexed room. No thanks.

We protested and they squeezed us into a 4 top with a drop leaf; it was really tight.

N9ne was amazing for my group of 10. STK is super loud but fun.

SW is fantastic. Craftsteak also great for a group.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

I will start this by saying I have been to none of your choices listed. The reason why is because I refuse to pay a la carte prices for a steak dinner, a $9 baked potato is never worth it to me.. My 2 favorites are The Steakhouse at Circus Circus and the "Cut of the week" at Charlie Palmer Steak in the Four Seasons.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

To me, that Charlie Palmers "Cut of the week" for $48.00 (plus tax & tip) was a waste of my time & effort to get there, & also my money. First of all, the server seldom came back to the table to check on things nor ask if wanted wine refills. Did show up when it came time to present the tab. Second, the steak (which was supposed to be a filet) while somewhat tender, had a good deal of fat content in between the meat. Third, other than the one glass of wine they poured per course, nobody never came around to offer another refill; so that bottomless wine refill claim of theirs was nothing but a lark. And then, one of the wines had to be the most lousiest ever tasted.

Got fooled once for that $48.00 p/p; but never again.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Steakhouse for Group - Gordon Ramsay, STK, BLT or N9NE

baseballdc that is a shame that you had that experience. We had a group of 7 and had a really nice dinner. The servers were right there anytime we needed them. I bet we drank 2 or 3 bottles per course and we never had to wait for more wine. I guess everyone has different experiences.